PDA

View Full Version : The moment of truth

Frankg
08-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added to the mixed only very recently. Problem is that after thinking about it I do not want the fusion. I'd rather have 3 discs. Yes I know that sounds terribly spoiled. But is it delusional? Was I approved because of the fusion component? Will I risk it all by asking the surgeon to resubmit the request as an all adr operation? Is it a better strategy to request two-level adr then go back for the third later on?
I actually don't have much time to work it out becasue my insurance runs out in three weeks!!!! I desperately need to consult with someone that can give me some advice. I've been waiting for this for two years and I don't want to screw it up or to end up with the very surgery I've waited this long in order to avoid. Aaaahhhh!

Frank

jss
08-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Frank,

I've thought about this on and off all day. I don't know what the best course of action would be, but can tell you this; that's a great problem to have!

Please keep us posted, and good luck!

Jeff

Harrison
08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Frank, what's your latest? Also, what levels are you talking again?

(Signature would be nice; see Tip for the Day (http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f51/tip-day-9346/)....)

:uhoh:

Lauren
09-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Hi Frank -
Hopefully you've come to a decision and had surgery and are feeling much better already. I have 3 Pro-DiscC's myself and happen to love them!
I was blown away by your post! And I'm wondering... there are many of us out here whose insurance companies have denied us prior to, during and after surgery. Would you be adverse to letting us know the name of the company and the particulars such as date and your initials so that we can use it in our own appeals? This kind of information is as rare and precious as gold.
Thanking you in advance and sending healing energies your way.
Lauren