PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Pimenta - Zyga Glyder Facet Resurfacing System

WPKat
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I am looking for input with respect to Dr. Pimenta, his supporting staff, etc. and I especially would like to hear from those patients who received the Zyga Glyder Resurfacing System.

http://www.zygatech.com/glyder.php (http://www.zygatech.com/glyder.php)

As noted on their site, Glyder is "currently under clinical investigation outside of the United States ..."

In March of 2009, I had 2-level lumbar laminectomy with discectomy that left me disabled with extremely high pain levels and zero options outside of pain management in Alaska or in the United States. I expanded my search worldwide for a solution and in June of 2010, I underwent 2-level artificial disc replacement (M6-L) with a different surgeon in Germany. While my condition improved significantly afterwards, my activity level is still quite limited - due in large part to severe facet degeneration, which pre-dated artificial disc replacement.

Dr. Pimenta is one of the few surgeons I have found who offers a facet joint resurfacing option (Dr. Bertagnoli offers a facet implant system that is also under clinical investigation).

If you, or anyone else you know, has experience with the Zyga Glyder Facet Resurfacing System or with Dr. Pimenta and his team ... please provide your input.

Thanks!

K

Hooch
04-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Hi,

A lady called Anna Zennaro (user name: azennaro iirc) had it done. She probably needed them taken out tho, not posterior fusion and facet resurfacing.

Good luck Kat.

Sandy123
04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Wpkat, I just had surgery with Dr. Pimenta a month ago and had the XL Nuvasive disc put in which is in phase III trials right now in the U.S. I think Dr. Pimenta is one of the best surgeons in the world and I felt lucky to have him. Even though my facets are not in the best shape, moderate arthirtis Dr. Pimenta still felt I would do very well with an adr.
He did not even bring up the Glyder System. I did not even know about it or I would have asked him for info. I do know it's hard to get ahold of him, he travels a lot. You can try calling the office or his email but only one man speaks English, I think his name is Rafael.

azennaro
08-31-2012, 11:14 PM
I had the Glyder Zyga facet resurfacing done with Dr Pimenta march 2011 Clinical trials RE FINISHED in Brazil , but Dr Bertagnoli is doing them in Europe.
CHEERS to one of the nicest surgeons I have ever met Dr Piimenta. 18 mnths post Op and Dr Pimenta is still at the other end of the phone from Australia to Brazil.its easier to talk to him across the other side of the world than my surgeon here in Oz
Might be going back for SIJ fusion Zyga.and failed Charite disc 11 years old migrated into verterbrae.XLIF
Cheers Anna

Hooch
01-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Has anyone with more moderate symptoms had facet resurfacing done?

I know Anna has, but she is online sporadically I gather and was/is very impaired for a very long period of time.

There is a pdf online which describes the zyga glyder, and Pimenta using it in cases of facet degeneration post tdr, and 'facet kicking syndrome' in hybrid cases, but I can find no recent literature by Pimenta discussing these things or treating them with facet resurfacing.

http://www.formazionesostenibile.it/2011/RomeSpine/atti/ppt7/Buttner-janz.pdf

benito
12-08-2013, 05:36 PM
how can i reach him ?! ive been searching for a while now but nobody knows