PDA

View Full Version : Surgery follow up stateside after Spain surgery

dhanks0001
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know of a doctor in Florida, Tampa area that will do a follow up after an ADR surgery in Spain. Having a hard time finding a doctor since they did not do the surgery. Thanks

Dingie
06-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I used my primary care, there really isn't much to do other than pain control checking your incision and ordering potop X-rays. I had my staeside ortho agree to take care of me, but he was so nasty, I said forget it!

I am over a year pot 3 level lmbar m6 wwith dr. clavel l2-l5
and have done fine with my PCP.

FYI am in jax fl I teach at USF Tampa, I can ask around for you if you want. Just PM me.

Best of luck!

Laurie

2Confused
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I have heard from a friend and reputable source that this Doctor is very good Dr. Thomas Sweeney at Southeaster Spine Center in Sarasota. In fact, rumor had it that he & the cline was going be a participating in the M6 trials. I cannot confirm his participation but it might be worth a phone call to see if he would do the follow up.

Fortunately my Neuro agreed to follow up and has done so thus far. However, we liked Dr. Clavel and the facility so much and had so much confidence in his care & knowledge we have made the decision to go back at the one year anniversary. So... we are planning our trip and hope to head to Spain the first week of October!:clap::clap: Does anyone know of a doctor in Florida, Tampa area that will do a follow up after an ADR surgery in Spain. Having a hard time finding a doctor since they did not do the surgery. Thanks

dhanks0001
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately my doctor can't even read blood test results and said she would not refer me to physical therapy. I did have a better pain management day today and hopefully won't need a follow up. May be finally on the mend if I can get the left arm working well again. My orthopedic doc won't follow up . I tried calling him yesterday and they said they would call me back if he wanted to see me. No call yet! Too bad most doctors today only care about the almighty dollar. I know there are a few genuine caring docs out there but far and few between. Wasn't to sure if I wanted to see him anyway after all the surgeries he had dialed up for me. That is a good idea , my wife and I may pay doctor Clavel a visit in a year also. I am retired military so I can hop to Rota or Moron Spain via Air Force or Navy planes. Sounds like a plan!

jss
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
dhanks,

I don't know her doctor's name, but the poster that goes by the handle, Vicki_from_florida, had surgery in England and then was supported by her Florida based doctor. She is doing great and is busy living life, and doesn't post here very often. If you PM her I know she'll be happy to share her doctor's name.

Good luck, Jeff