PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Bierstedt visit San Francisco

TPatti
10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
In conversation with Malte about my surgery he asked me if I though there would be an interest in Dr. Bierstedt and himself visiting San Francisco. I told him that I would have loved the opportunity to have met somewhere in the USA before my surgery but that I would ask to see if others felt the same way.

Lewis01
10-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I would go to see him. Would be better on the east coast however.

Stonewall_Boris
10-02-2013, 12:38 AM
tpatti,

We agree on most things but I disagree with you on this point, that I would have travelled to have seen Dr. Bierstedt. As a Canadian I would certainly not go to a US location. We do have passports and have gone to the US many times, we're not concerned about being picked up for anything or crossing the border. Cost is a concern. Well I don't know about this BUT, so I meet a doctor for 30 minutes to go over my MRI'S that he's never seen before and he comes up with a diagnosis. Not comfortable with that. When I had my MRIs digitalized and sent them to 6 clinics/doctors and 5 came back with a 3 level procedure that's when I focused. Spoke to the last 5 eliminated them one by one. I don't think you need to meet the surgeon in person before the operaration. I do think that you need to be very comfortable with the answers that your potential surgeon gives you.