PDA

View Full Version : Natural Antibiotics & Essential Oils

drewrad
02-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I keep rehearsing in my mind how to prepare for surgery. I have lost 40 lbs. over the last few months prepping for it. I needed to lose it anyway at my age.

But my mind got to thinking about other stuff: namely prepping in advance against infections.

Getting opened up, opens you up to microbials and bacterial agents. After my dad had cancer my mom had him on a strict no sugar, no yeast(breads), no fruits diet. Bacteria can't live in alkaline enviros either.

So, I was thinking going all-in on a cruciferous, leafy vegan game plan for a couple months. Without sugar, bacteria can't feed inside you. All veggies, all the time.

Also, I was thinking about ingesting raw garlic cloves, diced, and then swallowed. In addition to the garlic, my wife, gives me essential oils, and one in particular called Thieves, that since I started taking it 2 years ago, I haven't gotten sick once. Its real powerful. It has concentrations of Oregano in it.

Anyway, I just can't foresee how bacteria could survive in an inoculated environment like that if you coat your innards that way for months prior to your surgery date.

1) No breads. No yeast. No starches. No fruit. No Sugar.

2) As many dark, leafy veggies you can eat as well as some other colored varieties.

3) Garlic & Thieves.

pittpete
02-20-2014, 04:50 PM
From what i've read,researched and what my father the healthnut tells me, sugar is the root of all evil in the body:shedance:

Harrison
02-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Drew, I moved this topic since this helpful, naturopathic information. I've been using essential oils for years. Thieves is very good stuff but very expensive. I buy similar formulations on Amazon for far less money. I've also been using them with a humidifier -- it's great!

I love your practical ideas on infection avoidance. For several years, I've been meaning to write a book on it...:look:

drewrad
02-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Harrison, could you link me to the Amazon knockoffs for Thieves?

Love that stuff.

Spray about two hits in my mouth each night before bed.

Harrison
02-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Sure, here's one of them: http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Essential-Undiluted-Therapeutic-Thieves/dp/B005VSXTMM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393276015&sr=8-2&keywords=thieves+oil

This is good stuff. It's not as good as Thieves, but it's only $8.00 and therapeutic grade. The essence is a bit different. It has a sort of oatmealy scent which I like.

One of my favorites is a white pine oil which has terpines and all kinds of other healing compounds. But I also like it because it brings me back to the woods, a place I played in as a kid and return to as an adult seeking peace and refuge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpene

:look:

Harrison
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
See attached chart. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it looks interesting. One annoyance: the product names of many of these are from young living, a company that make very good/pricey oils. If you are patient, you can cross reference and reverse formulate many or all of them.

drewrad
02-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Panaway is awesome stuff mixed with Peppermint.

My wife makes me a 'morphine bomb' with those along with Copaiba, Frankincense and Aroma Sies.

In the morning she makes a pill for me and each of my two boys and we swallow them. Oregano, Frankincense, Thieves and something else that burns.

Harrison
02-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Drew, your wife walks on water. Always remember that. :D

drewrad
02-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Drew, your wife walks on water. Always remember that. :D

Absolutely!