PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Rischke patients reviews anyone?

haloffi
10-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have contacted Dr. Rischke in Zurich and I'm having an appointment with him in 10 days. I haven't found a lot about him in the community. Is there anyone who performed ADR surgery with Dr. Riscke. He performs 100 ADR's a year I'm a bit surprised that non of the members mentioned him.

Thank you,

Hesham

Throttlejockey
10-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Did you have your visit with Dr. Rischke?

haloffi
11-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Hi Throttle, Apologize I just saw your message. Yes I did and it went very well I'm now working on the insurance process to perform a surgery in December.

Maczoid
11-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Can you tell me about your consultation with this Doctor?
I am interested to know the cost and if it was done over Skype or in person.

randolf
11-13-2015, 09:42 AM
i just stumbled on Dr. Rischke at the AxioMed site. evidently he is participating in a Swiss Spine Registry study of the Freedom cervical disc. He has a way cool clinic, state of the art, in a way cool place. more like a resort. as i under stand he uses the AxioMed Freedom lumbar disc too. please keep us informed how things go for you.

Iridium1016
11-13-2015, 08:52 PM
This is quite exciting as it is also relevant to my case. Thanks for starting this conversation, Hesham.

I actually wrote to Dr Rischke a few weeks ago asking for the endplate/metal composition of Freedom disc. I am highly allergic to nickel and would like to be sure of what am letting myself in for, before I agree to any additional surgery. Yes, I am a candidate for revision surgery.

The interesting bit is, in his reply he did say the end plates are made of titanium alloy (aluminium and vanadium included). However, on the disc’s clinical trial page—candidate exclusion criteria, other metals have been specified. I have learnt that when you find cobalt and chromium together, that means nickel has also been involved in the metal mixture to give the end result extra strength and resistance to corrosion.

[ "Known or suspected allergy to titanium, polyurethane, cobalt, chromium, molybdenum or silicone" (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01763619) ]

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you’re not allergic to any of the metals mentioned. Have you been tested? Check out MELISA.ORG if you haven’t gone through this process.