PDA

View Full Version : GoFundMe Account Set-up

Cheryl0331
03-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Please share: 2 Level ADR Surgery in Europe by Cheryl Stewart - GoFundMe (http://www.gofundme.com/pypx48)
Thank you, Cheryl Stewart :o

Cynlite
03-26-2015, 01:01 PM
I sincerely hope you raise the funds you need. Most of us in this forum are in the same place as you so, I would set your expectations low for this group. Have you tried contacting your church or local charities? Good luck Cheryl.

Cheryl0331
03-26-2015, 01:09 PM
I sincerely hope you raise the funds you need. Most of us in this forum are in the same place as you so, I would set your expectations low for this group. Have you tried contacting your church or local charities? Good luck Cheryl. I listed it on my Twitter page and placed the lin there. We are entering storm season here in Oklahoma, so we must keep enough funds in our savings for deductibles, that only leaves only $2000.00 cash we can out towards this. Our 401Ks are not built up enough to make it worth the withdrawl and penalties/taxes. We can get $10,000 from our credit union. They will only do it on a 48 months term. So we still have to come up with $20,000 plus travel cost. We only have $17-18,000 in equity and I don't really want to have a 2nd on the mortage.

Cynlite
03-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Do you have a Facebook page where you can attach the link? If you do then you can ask your friends to forward it on to their friends. You just never know what will happen if it reaches enough people. Maybe even contact your local news media and see if they might put it on their website. It might be a story they would like to run if you decide to go to Europe because we can't get our insurance companies to support what the FDA has approved. Plus, the surgeon I just saw on Monday said that fewer disc manufacturers are trying to get FDA approval now because it costs too much in this country to get approval.

NJ Gene
03-26-2015, 11:56 PM
Our 401Ks are not built up enough to make it worth the withdrawl and penalties/taxes.

Cheryl, you can borrow against your 401(k). You have to pay yourself back plus interest, but it's less than a conventional bank loan. If you do it this way, there are no tax penalties. Something to consider.

Gene

Cheryl0331
03-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Do you have a Facebook page where you can attach the link? If you do then you can ask your friends to forward it on to their friends. You just never know what will happen if it reaches enough people. Maybe even contact your local news media and see if they might put it on their website. It might be a story they would like to run if you decide to go to Europe because we can't get our insurance companies to support what the FDA has approved. Plus, the surgeon I just saw on Monday said that fewer disc manufacturers are trying to get FDA approval now because it costs too much in this country to get approval.
I linked it to my Twitter page. I got a $25 donation from someone at my work. Our medical malpractice insur has driven up the cost of everything! I did contact a news source without any feedback. But try try again. I even contacted "The Docotrs" to see if they would be interested; no bite.

Cheryl0331
03-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Cheryl, you can borrow against your 401(k). You have to pay yourself back plus interest, but it's less than a conventional bank loan. If you do it this way, there are no tax penalties. Something to consider.

Gene I just started my 401K two years ago.