PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Clavel contact info and responsiveness

simeoni
09-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I have been trying to contact Dr. Clavel to review my case. I have left a contact request throught his clinics website and also have mailed his clinics info e-mail address. No reply so far. It has been a couple of weeks. Is there a better way to contact him? Can anyone chime in?

FranklySir
09-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Yolanda Casadevall <yolanda@bcn-sc.com

Most likely on vacation. Yolanda is the best contact since she has direct line with him.

I will send an email for you as well.

F

FranklySir
09-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Simeoni,

Probably on vacation or doing medical trips. No excuses though. You need to fill out the patient form with all your information from my experience with them. I am sure you can imagine the amount of emails they receive on any given day. They might not even be getting your mail since its a gmail account as well.

I sent Yolanda an email on your behalf with your email address just in case your emails are going into the junk mail. Its 9:30pm there so no response today I am sure.

Best I can do. Hope this helps.

F

FranklySir
09-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Simeoni.

Response I received immediately . Automated I'm sure.

Thanks for your e-mail. I will be out of the office until September 13th. However, I will be checking my e-mail and I will try to answer you back as soon as possible.

F

drewrad
09-02-2015, 03:29 PM
He's at a spine conference.

simeoni
09-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi, Thanks for help. I emailed Yolanda and got replied immediately even though she was on holiday.

Cheryl0331
09-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Dr. Clavel just came back from time off Aug 26th, and playing catch up with reviewing films and doing surgeries. Yolanda is out right now...

TheGrt8
09-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Yolanda gets back on Monday, the 7th . Clavel is very busy with trauma (brain and heart) surgeries, along with ADR's. He needs to review my 3 month post op X-rays and MRIs, along with my skype consult, which he said he would expedite and make time for last week. Only thing for everyone to do is to be patient, and Yolanda has been in contact with me while in vacation as well. She's checking in on emails as well, but overwhelmed. Hang in there man, you will get a response soon. If not then just call over to his office and speak with Yolanda.

Cheryl0331
09-07-2015, 06:26 PM
I got an auto response from Yolanda. I am waiting on Dr. Clavel to review my three month post-op. Just try and be patient! Their work load is over the top, but the wait is worth it!

cfbugsbunny
09-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Yup. Deal with Yolanda. She is a sweetheart. Just remember that Dr. Clavel is so booked with patients in Spain and international patients. I actually am surprised that he still helps International patients as when I went there two times his waiting rooms are packed... there's a reason for this. He is an awesome surgeon!! I agree that patience and persistence are the keys here. If you have any questions about Barcelona Spine or overseas surgeries feel free to PM me. I have spoken with many on this forum to help them get through the scary parts. I have done three surgeries overseas and would highly recommend Barcelona Spine.

Dases66
01-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Bringing up this older post about Dr Clavel. I'm very much interested in having Dr Clavel do my 2 level disc replacement, L4 & L5. I already have been accepted to see Dr Ritter Lang in Germany but after reading numerous posts here I'm having second thoughts. He could see me March 2. I have sent my records to Dr Clavel and I'm wondering what the average wait time is before you hear from him and what's the average wait time from acceptance to scheduled surgery?

Romakis
01-17-2017, 02:17 PM
1-2 weeks to hear back and ~ 1.5 months out for surgery was in my case.

phillyjoe
01-17-2017, 05:11 PM
I recall my experience being the opposite. Longer wait time to get his opinion, faster time to schedule surgery. Maybe it is a function of mere scheduling or perhaps seriousness once he sees the problem. Given the number of patients who seek his advice, including his packed waiting room while I was there, I am amazed the wait isn't years.

jgvesely
01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
I'm very happy this topic is being introduced!

I sent off all my information via Dropbox to Yolanda on December, 16th, 2016 and she confirmed receipt. I have not had my initial consultation yet (it is January 18th, 2017) and I don't know when it will happen. I've heard so many great things about Dr. Clavel so I am open to being patient. I did notice on his website it says that he will get back to people within one week for a consultation. Perhaps that was written before he got super busy!? Anyway, hopefully, I will hear from him soon and I will not have to wait too long after that to schedule surgery. Waiting can be hard when one is in pain and is limited. That being said, Dr. Clavel sounds great so it makes sense that he would be in high demand!

Thanks again for initiating this topic and I wish you all the best!

Dases66
01-19-2017, 12:32 AM
Jgvesely,
So you didn't hear if you were accepted or not. Or did you get an email saying you were and now you are waiting for a consultation? I sent my info out today. I too hope it's not long. Is there a phone number to call?

phillyjoe
01-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Depends on the time of year of course. I know Clavel was out of the office until about the 10th of Jan.

jgvesely
01-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Hi Dasses66,

I have not had any approval from Dr. Clavel in response to the information I sent. Although, I am assuming I am a candidate for ADR because the Texas Back Institute got back to me and recommended ADR at the L4/L5 level and a fusion at the L5/S1 level. I'm hoping Dr. Clavel might want to do ADR at both levels as I think I would rather get ADR than fusion even at L5/S1.

PhillyJoe,

Thanks for your information about Dr. Clavel not returning till January 10th. Yolanda mentioned that they had been away on holiday but I did not realize they had gotten back so late.

jgvesely
01-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Dasses66,

I will see if I can find Yolanda's phone number and send it to you.

Wishing you all the best, Juliette

Dases66
01-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Thank you Juliette.. I need an ADR on the same levels as you. I was approved by Dr Ritter Lang so I'm hoping I can get approved by Dr Clavel. I hope it's not too long of a wait, my daughter graduates in June and I need to be well by then. I sent my records and Yolanda said she didn't receive them so I sent them again today. If you get a contact number you can pass it along, I appreciate it. Thanks.

jgvesely
01-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi Dasses66,

I just sent you Yolanda's contact information via private message. I have a feeling Dr. Clavel and Yolanda are very backed up but I wish you great success in being in good shape for your daughter's graduation!

All the best, Juliette

phillyjoe
01-20-2017, 09:50 PM
D66---didn't know if you were joking about your self imposed deadline of graduation for need to get well. If you were not joking, then I respectfully suggest that you might want to take a step back. You are talking about a serious procedure that will affect the rest of your life. Take your time, do it right, do it once (my opinion,, for what it may be worth)

Dases66
01-21-2017, 02:31 PM
D66---didn't know if you were joking about your self imposed deadline of graduation for need to get well. If you were not joking, then I respectfully suggest that you might want to take a step back. You are talking about a serious procedure that will affect the rest of your life. Take your time, do it right, do it once (my opinion,, for what it may be worth)

Phillyjoe,
Yes, I was joking a little. Of course I would love to be better by that time but I would never rush into this medical decision. My main concern is finding the right surgeon.

Cheryl0331
03-31-2017, 09:17 PM
We want them to get rest. Certainly don't want Dr. Clavel and his staff to get burned out. The demand is really high. If my husband's L4/5 goes anymore; we'll be going back to him.