PDA

View Full Version : Clavel 2 level M6, or fusion..

Jellyfish
12-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Hello forum friends,

I just posted on the new member introduction page. I am going to speak to Dr. Clavel tomorrow, and I would like to know of any questions that might be important to ask my new surgeon? I have been hearing wonderful comments about Dr. Clavel on this forum, and it is very encouraging. Of course, if my insurance bails on this procedure, I'm doomed to fuse here in The Netherlands, as I can no longer handle waiting for surgery. Has anyone here had disc surgery with the M6 and then had to have a fusion later? Sorry if this message isn't clear or informative, I am still new to the forum world. If anyone has any feedback about the world of ADR/fusion/or Dr. Clavel, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Jellyfish

Cheryl0331
12-29-2015, 11:03 PM
How would a Jellyfish move if you fused it? ;o) Seriously, I went $32,000 USD in debt plus $5000 in travel. I have two medical loans. Best thing I ever did was going to Clavel. God blessed him and it gave me my life back. You can see my post op x-rays under my profile. I will be forever grateful. My fusion surgery was hell. I am probably one of a few people that have a three level fusion over a two level ADR in the world! Would you fuse your knee, ankle, hip or wrist? NO. You replace it with something that moves as close to what you did naturally. Why should you treat your spine any differently? I know there are risk, but that is with everything. ADR now. If it doesn't work, fuse later.

Cheryl0331
12-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Go eat some tappas!:laugh:

Jellyfish
12-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the post. It was encouraging! I spoke to Dr. Clavel, and he answered all my questions, and I feel confident this is the best decision to make. You're right, if it doesn't work, fuse last! I'm looking forward to my trip to Barca! I will definitely be getting the tapas as well!

Take care.

Cheryl0331
01-10-2016, 07:40 PM
keep us updated. I look forward to hearing form you. You can PM me anytime! :D