PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Clavel M6 Barcelona

Dave234
03-25-2017, 06:22 PM
I've been searching the internet high and low, and haven't found ANY negative reviews of Dr Pablo Clavel from Barcelona. I was just wondering if anyone has anything negative to say about him? I'm very nervous about getting the M6-C, and he seems to be among the best, but unlike other doctors I have found nothing at all negative about him.

I'd love to learn more if anyone knows anything.

Harrison
03-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Hi, I moved your post to the correct forum, this one. And yes, any doctor who does a number of ADRs will not have a perfect record for a litany of reasons.

E.g., Jim's pain. His ADR placements look good, but he some serious pain. Why? Because surgeons are good orthopedic carpenters, but not great diagnosticians when it comes to chronic inflammatory pain caused by sub-clinical infections or "occult" conditions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?p=115745#post115745).

JMBeam Post-op, Clavel:

https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13157

Pls add a signature, thanks. See:

https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11053

Dave234
03-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Harrison,
That is horrifying. Is he any better? I don't want to have pain like that, especially after spending all that money!

Dave234
03-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Are there any other bad experiences with Dr Clavel? I'm getting a bit nervous now.

FutureRobot
03-29-2017, 08:27 PM
I haven't heard of anything too damning about Clavel aside from the above surgery. I will say that this case is a huge surgery. Two M6's above and below a fusion? wow.

Dave234
03-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, FutureRobot.

I just received response from Dr Clavel that he recommends for me a 2-level cervical ADR with the M6.

Any experiences with two level cervical ADR from Dr Clavel?

Johntpr
03-30-2017, 09:50 AM
I will be there April 8th with Dr Clavel for 2 level lower lumbar ADR.

phillyjoe
03-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Has Dr Bitan given up on ADR? He was one of the earliest docs doing it in NY. Did you discuss any other device for lumbar with Clavel? Like Activ L or others? Good luck but you are in great hands.

Johntpr
03-31-2017, 01:42 PM
I saw Dr Bitan in NY. He can only legally do ADR on one level in the US. And the M6-L isnt approved at all in the US. So with me needing 2 levels, he could only offer fusion.

Dr Clavel just seems to like the M6 more than the Active-L. I did speak with him via skype on that subject.

Dave234
04-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Have you heard anything about Dr Blumenthal from the Texas Back Institute? He is covered by my insurance for 2-level cervical adr, and I hear he's the best in the US. Same number of years experience as Dr Clavel (15). I'm freaked out about choosing the wrong surgeon, and am really freaked out about getting the surgery but not being able to lift heavy weights again. The idea of no longer being able to bench press or curl or military press (overhead) my 50 lb dumbbells is absolutely horrifying. Not to sound overly dramatic. But it is unusually important for me. Any info on Blumenthal and weightlifting would be highly appreciated.

phillyjoe
04-05-2017, 06:22 AM
'horrifying' is a tough word. Sounds like you should get ADR and take your chances. Fuse later if you damage the device and your supporting structures. Not something I would ever do, but any aspect of life that is 'horrifying' I guess needs to be addressed. Of course with fusion, you might still have limitations, if not immediately, then potentially over time. A lot depends on how strong your muscles are now, and after surgery, to determine the loads put on your ADR and your structures. Have you emailed Spinal Kinetics with your question?

ANDREH
04-06-2017, 10:37 PM
I had one cervical Adr 5 weeks ago with adr Clavel. Until 4th week experienced some pain when doing to much (was walking 5 miles 3 days post op) and almost no painkillers since day 3. I improving everyday, already cycling 1:30 hours a day indoors. Obs: my adr is between cervical and a thoracic fusion. So far it seems to be working but yes, when I move to much there are some crack noise the most likely comes from the facet but so far no pain associated with it and nothing that worries me. Life is taking educating guesses, and hoping for the best. So far so good, but obviously I had some nights I worried. But I'm my case I am happy with cycling (pretty hard workload) and swimming. From my perspective I Will not risk my entire back full of fusions and DDD and artificial disc with heavy weights. Good luck for all off us!

Cheryl0331
04-04-2019, 09:43 PM
Dave,
Sorry I am just now seeing this post. Pardon me for being direct, but weight lifting is secondary to mobility.
I had a 2 level M6 below a 3 level fusion and that was in May of 2015. I am doing well.
I hope this aliviates your concern.
Check back in and let us know how you're doing.

Cheryl0331
08-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Dr. Blumenthal in Texas is not going to do a hybrid neck surgery. Even if he was willing, he doesn't have the experience level that Dr. Clavel has with this particular procedure.

davidstagno2110
05-28-2020, 11:07 PM
Dr Clavel screwed up several of his patients !
Here it is if you want to know more about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLFNdPwVC9Q&t=24s

https://www.artificialdiscreplacementadr.com

I am one of his patient who had a failure and Dr Clavel lied all the way to cover his reputation !