PDA

View Full Version : Names of insurance cos currently approving Prodisc-L?

April
05-30-2008, 04:47 PM
We are putting together an appeal, and I just read Laurie Todd's book. She recommends indicating specific cases where one's insurance company (or similar companies) haa approved the procedure. We would be grateful for any information regarding insurance cos that have approved this procedure. Any info regarding Unicare woud be especially useful. (The pdf under "ADR-friendly Insurance includes info up to Sept 2006, but it would be helpful to hear of more recent approvals. )

April
Husband w/DDD, needs ADR at one level and fusion at another.

mmarsh
05-31-2008, 12:06 PM
April

Contact the manufacturer of the disc your surgeon wants to use and ask them which companies are covering the use of their disc. They have some basic info that you can use. Find any and all precedent you can by surfing the websites. There is some info available but it's not easy to find. Find studies and articles written by doctors that support your side. Best of luck to you.

Missy

Terry
05-31-2008, 01:19 PM
My 4-level ADR surgery done November 4, 2006 was covered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan January 2007. I did not have to file any appeals, etc. and consider myself to be extremely lucky.

Best of luck to you.

Terry Newton

April
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I think we now have nearly all of the info we will need (including many peer-reviewed articles). Thanks so much for the help!

LBP
06-01-2008, 07:35 AM
my 2 level lumbar Prodisc on 4/7/08 was paid by Aetna Medicare.

Mi
06-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I am currently looking into insurance companies that will cover ADR (Active L). I live in California and may be getting a new job soon and I need to choose health insurance. Right now I have BCBS, and they will not cover ADR. Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan to go to Stenum HOspital in a few months to have my L4-L5 replaced. Thanks!

LBP
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
have you read everything on this website about stenum before making the final decision to go there?

You want to get Aetna insurance and there are several very good surgeons in southern california who can perform lumbar Prodisc surgery.

Terry
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
If you really would like to go to Stenum Hospital please contact me as I was an actual patient there. I always get concerned about contempt prior to investigation. An example is; "My brother knew a guy whose best friend had somebody who went there and they amputated their left leg by accident." I got fabulous care there as did several others who've posted here and I am sure they have had some complications as well. It would be nice if you got totally informed about all surgeons before you decide. I would also be cautious about surgeons who; "Cherry Pick" their patients to inflate their outcomes. It makes them seem God-Like when they have set it up to work on the cream of the crop.

Terry Newton