PDA

View Full Version : The Verdict Is In.......

Nairek
09-01-2007, 10:50 AM
It took 3 months for the fine State of New York to get back to me regarding my appeal against Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. The decision: they are upholding Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield's decision to deny coverage of the surgery and hospitalization related to the artificial disc replacement. :::sigh::::

I do have other options that I can look into for the ADR other than my sad excuse of a healthpan. I would love to find an attorney who would represent me pro bono in suing them for letting my condition deteriorate. (When taking 2 Hydrocodone for pain does absolutely nothing, then yes something is seriously wrong there).

I have e-mailed Oprah & written a letter to Montel Williams back on August 1st, hoping that they would be interested in doing a show on how screwed up HMO's, PPO's, & EPO's are. I haven't heard back from either of them. If I do, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, it's back to school for me and helping my sister with her wedding in October. I wish those who are still fighting the best of luck. I will be pursing other avenues & hope that one of them brings me some luck.

Terry
09-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Karin:

I am so sorry for your bad news. It is unfortunate that we supposedly have the best health care in the world and it has deteriorated. This in large part due to big business getting involved to suck profit out of people's pain and misery.

Hang in there and God be with you.

Terry Newton

09-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Karin,

I am sorry about your health insurance. I am in the same situation. If you need me to join you on Oprah or Montel let me know. In, the meantime, best of luck with your decision.

Harrison
09-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Sorry Karin...you worked so hard on this appeal. A lawyer contacted me some time ago to see if patients here needed representation; I'll see if he is still interested in helping people like you.

Nairek
09-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. It really has been a long tough road with this appeal. I started my fight last October. I battled them back & forth for almost a year. In the meantime, I'm exploring other options.

I still haven't heard from Oprah or Montel. I don't think that I will either but I figured that it was worth a shot.

Harrison, thank you for looking into the legal representation for me. It may be something to consider in the future.

Harrison
09-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Sure Karin. I also heard from another legal consultant, she's not a lawyer but has 20 years experience in disability and healthcare appeals. I believe she is less expensive than a lawyer too!

I hope you are OK...hang tough! http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif