PDA

View Full Version : turned down for my bone growth stimulator

CindyLou
08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi all, so what else is new? I opened yesterday's mail, and I guess I was somewhat surprised. My insurance will not pay for my bone growth stimulator. I cannot appeal this. I just don't have the fight in me, with all my health issues this summer. Tomorrow I will call the rep, and ask him if he knows of any kind donors for one bone growth stimulator. http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

CindyLou
08-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, this is pretty amazing. The rep for the bone growth stimulator called me today, before I could call him, and said they are donating a brand new model to me, that my surgeon prescribed. I asked, how can I get something for free? He said a couple of times a year they are allowed to donate one of their products, if the insurance has denied it. He said your surgeon knows better than some healthcare representative what you need prescribed for your fusion recovery, and so he brought it over for me this afternoon to get fitted and have an inservice on it. I thought I was going to have something in my pocket, but this thing is huge, and I wear it all the way around my torso, over my brace. I look like the bionic woman, in some sort of perverted way. Two hours every day I wear it, so I will try to fit it into my morning routine, and then take it off when I am out. It's not easy to sit with it on, especially since my fusion was at L6-S1. But, hopefully, it will expedite my fusion/healing process. And, I am very thankful to have it.

Terry
08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Good for you CindyLou. Maybe God was looking down and said; "Our CindyLou has gone through too much without having something go right lately so we need to make this happen." The bone growth stimulator is a great device and should be very helpful in the long run for you. All the fashionable ladies are wearing them this Summer. http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hang in there CindyLou.

Terry Newton

CindyLou
08-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Terry. You're a kick. I love your sense of humor. (you can't see it, but big smile on my face at the moment)

ans
08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
This is great news C. Glad to hear this.

I wouldn't have fusion w/o this device.

My best, ans

Toebin
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Excellent News CindyLou!!!

Linda
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
So glad to hear something has gone right for you. This is great news!
Best wishes from here on out!

CindyLou
08-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank-you all for the support. It is so appreciated. I have been extremely fatigued the past few days, and it just occurred to me, I need to reread the side effects of this thing. Perhaps there is a direct correlation. I'll actually be feeling fine, and then bam......it just hits me hard out of the blue, and I am exhausted. My INR's are still all over the board (currently 3.8), but I do see my primary doc tomorrow so I am going to ask for my lab work to be done, and to do another doppler on my legs, since the last report said it still could not rule out a possible calf thrombosus. Well, that's it. I'll let you all know what/if relevant information I get from the appt. tomorrow.