PDA

View Full Version : ? about appeals

sahuaro
12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
I am preparing my appeal and was wondering if people included a copy of the actual MRI (e.g., on CD) in their medical records for their appeal?

CindyLou
12-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Sahuaro, I did not, but I think that is a superb idea. Real person, real images, real needs.

Harrison
12-21-2007, 09:24 AM
I think it's a good idea too. I hate to wonder, though, how many people even look at them. If they did, would it mean anything?

That's where the radiologist(s) reports come in real handy -- to break it down into factual terms. Include all the study reports too. If you went to the same institution, they will often (always?) compare degenerative changes since the last image study, which can be quite helpful.

sahuaro
12-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks, CindyLou and Harrison for your thoughts. I've actually decided not to include the MRI for very cynical reasons: I've already been burned by an "independent" medical examiner without formal training in reading MRI's who had no qualms testifying that "my nerves had plenty of room" despite significant foraminal stenosis and accompanying symptoms. Why give the insurance company more wiggle room?

Terry
12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds like you need a lawyer who is also a doctor. There are some around that have both specialties and can eat those independent reviewers for lunch.

Good Luck. Like it said in Legends of the Fall; "Screw the Bastards......Screw em'".

Terry Newton