PDA

View Full Version : First step down, waiting for approval

Bailey
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Hello again. Just an update. I certainly feel very blessed to have my employer (for unknown reason) switch to AETNA Insurance in the midst of my contemplating ADR Surgery. Now looks like there is a chance to get a good portion of the surgery paid for. Met with my surgeon last week. Going to submit me for approval through AETNA. Was already denied in 06 by UHC. Hoping this one goes through. Need 2 level, so I'll be forking out some $$, but still partial coverage is better than nothing. Should hear back within the next few weeks. Wish me luck as I begin this journey!! I'm scared as hell to go through this but diagnosis shows this is really only option.

Harrison
01-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Bailey, sorry for the delayed reply. Good luck with your next steps! Many of us are also curious about your progress with AETNA, a company who has been very proactive in terms of its insurance coverage.

Where are you located, what clinics are you looking at for spine surgery? http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Bailey
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Harrison,

I'm having it done with Dr Zigler at TBI. Denied last year with UHC. Hopefully Aetna will pull through. I'm having 2 level done, and praying now that someone will "hit the approval key" and say ok to both! Wishful thinking, but one can hope! I'll keep you guys posted...