PDA

View Full Version : BlueCross/Blue Shield of Oklahoma HELP!!

tchristian
09-27-2008, 10:29 PM
I am very new to this website. I am just wondering what I am up against with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Oklahoma. I have just been told I am a candidate for the artificial disc replacement. I have had back pain for 4 years now; I am a 39 year old female. I have degenerated disc in my very lowest vertebrae. My doctor has warned me that they might not approve it from the beginning but then we'll have to do an appeal. What is the process and mainly HOW LONG is this going to take? I am in severe pain as I'm sure a lot of you are and it really sucks!! Hopefully, through this website I will learn the tips and tricks of the whole process; as of now I'm pretty uneducated about the whole thing. I understand that BCBS is suppose to be getting on board sooner or later since all the other carriers are pretty much on board. Any tips, tricks, suggestion and info is greatly appreciated. Mainly, I would like to know how long of a process I'm looking at. If I could have the ADR approved I would go into the surgery room tomorrow because I feel quite confident that this surgery would help me. First 5 doctors suggested fusion but have not felt good about that since the beginning; now I finally found a dr. I like and trust. I look forward to any help at all with this info.

Thanks everyone!!