PDA

View Full Version : Denied by uhc

gclc1457
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I was recently denied by united healthcare for single level adr
@ l4-l5. Doctor is going to appeal this week. Anyone have any suggestions on how i might be able to assist with getting approval. Thanks everyone for your support. Gary

KBear
01-06-2009, 12:46 AM
search this forum for the words "insurance warrior" and you will get lots of helpful information. I just appealed a denial for Prodisc surgery for L4/5 and waiting the answer on that. I sent in all my medical records that pertained to my back pain. I also sent in the FDA approval letter, numerous studies, a letter from my doctor for medical neccessity and a letter I found on the Prodisc site and filled in the blanks. If you are appealing for a Prodisc, get in touch with me and I could send you all the study information and FDA approval letter, so you wouldn't have to find that part yourself.
Good Luck,
Kathy

kimmers
01-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Gary,

A couple of things I have found out about UHC from other people. UHC can really lose papers and misplace things so follow up is important with them. Take notice of making sure that they meet appeal deadlines. If they don't, you might be able to use that as ammonition against them.
Send items to them registered mail so you have proof they received it.
I have been involved in a long fight with my insurance company, Blue Cross of Ca. and if you want additional info PM me and you can reach me via my e-mail or telephone.
I have learned a lot in my insurance fight and would happily tell you what I know about insurance appeals. The insurance warrior was also helpful to me.
What kind of insurance you have also makes a big difference on how you approach the appeals.
It is frustrating but at least I was able to get my ADR surgery and that was a breakthrough. There is a lot of help out there for us; you have to do a lot of homework and leg work, though.

Kimmers

colorado2718
12-11-2010, 06:12 AM
I'm just getting started with my research and would be very interested in the outcome of your apeal with UHC, was it successful? Any information would be appreciated?

Dledezma
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Im in the process of getting trying to get UHC to approve double level pro disc and fusion on one level. I would love a link or a copy to the fda results and any info you have that helped.