PDA

View Full Version : Help with appeal letter

gclc1457
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
My name is gary. I am a 39 year old male.i was recently denied coverage by united healthcare for single level (l4-l5) adr surgery. I have severe degenerative disc disease, and have been in pain for many years. It has become disabling over the last year. I have exhausted every possible conservative treatment. I have seen two spine surgeons who both agree that i would benefit best with adr surgery. Uhc states in my denial letter that adr is an " unproven service " under the plan.

I have done alot of research regarding this matter and would like to appeal there decision. I am not the greatest writer and would like to know if anyone has a copy or example of an appeal letter and a letter of necessity that they would be willing to e-mail me so that i could use it as a guide. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thank you to all and god bless!

GARY

CindyLou
01-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Gary, welcome. I would get my hands on a copy of The Insurance Warrior, which is a book all about appeals. Do a search here up above and some information should pop up. It is an excellent resource. Best of luck to you!