PDA

View Full Version : Archiving of Successful Appeals

Harrison
03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone,

It’s taken me some time, but I am now ready to receive, categorize and securely archive any and all insurance appeals from spine patients. BTW: out of state appeals will not usually help individual patients.

Going forward, please email, private message or fax me evidence of insurance payment. This may include: approval letters, reimbursement receipts, and other documentation.

All of your personal information (especially social security information) should be crossed out before you send it to me. I’ll also review it to ensure anonymity.

Providing this free service to you all should eliminate some of your extra legwork and hopefully help you win your appeals.

: )

Harrison
04-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I get request from patients several times weekly for information on successful appeals. PLEASE send me any documentation you have on your successful appeal! It can and will help many people!

I'll send out an email soon too all members with the same request. Thank you!

ans
08-31-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, please help and share.

Allan

VegasGuy13
02-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi Harrison,

I am now having to appeal the surgeon portion of my ADR. I was paid for the surgery center. I would appreciate info on precedents for allowing cervical ADR from BCBS and other insurance companies. I am appealing to BCBS in California. I am a federal employee retired. Also any actual language used in the appeals especially regarding investigational and medical necessity issues. I will be glad to share my appeal with you when it is completed and especially if it is successful.

MMsC5-6-7
02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Harrison,

Do you have any Aetna approvals for ADR in your archives you could share? I will be sending Dr. Bierstedt's surgery recommendation, my MRI and CT reports and a letter to Aetna International requesting coverage. My only hope is because I have international coverage based outside the US, I might get lucky. Would be good to have some backup of previous approvals if available.

Thank you,
Melissa

Harrison
02-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry folks, I never built a private archive, everything has been posted. Search through this forum, or use the search button above...

Kelly4ADR
02-28-2014, 12:46 AM
Has no one replied to this thread with successful appeals?? I so much appreciate the support on this forum... Please post your approved appeals! I promise to do the same if mine gets approved! I have Aetna, just got denied for a cervical two level... Round one!