ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Conversation with bierstedt (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12034)

NJ Gene 03-05-2013 11:59 PM

Good news for me, I think

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98152)
Had an hour long talk with dr bierstedt today! Says he's performed over 3000 anterior replacements with various discs and close to 600 m6s. I was very impressed with his assessment. I asked him if he ever had an m6 that failed and he said not personally but heard at a conference that one failed and was reported to SK. He said its all about being the right candidate and some discs have better keels than others. He told me he has 95% success rate and I will be cleared for full activity with no limitations. I guess the ball is in my court now!

I'm glad to hear this, because I'm probably going to have my surgery with him.

Boxer78 03-06-2013 12:12 AM

Adr

No way!! Hmmm I asked to talk to him directly. He's a nice guy easy to talk to explains things well. No charge talked for an hour. I'm prob gonna go with him what's new mike???

Lillyth 03-06-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98169)
Thxxx newleaseonlife!!!! So ur saying just the tax you pay? In this country or tax on surgery in Spain?? This sucks!! Drop 80k and get jack sh** back blaaaaaahhh

Yeah. We are dropping 80k and getting less than 20k of that back!

Oh well. On the brighter side, how much would *you* pay to stay out of a wheelchair?

Boxer78 03-06-2013 02:13 AM

Adr

Your right bout that no price. Don't worry your gonna feel like a million bucks

Lillyth 03-06-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98180)
Your right bout that no price. Don't worry your gonna feel like a million bucks

Well, when you put it that way, who can possibly complain? Spend 80k to feel like a million? AND get some of it back? That is quite the bargain!

Claudia K. 03-06-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98152)
Had an hour long talk with dr bierstedt today! Says he's performed over 3000 anterior replacements with various discs and close to 600 m6s. I was very impressed with his assessment. I asked him if he ever had an m6 that failed and he said not personally but heard at a conference that one failed and was reported to SK. He said its all about being the right candidate and some discs have better keels than others. He told me he has 95% success rate and I will be cleared for full activity with no limitations. I guess the ball is in my court now!

Boxer78, I'm so happy for you that you finally get answers, was good talking to you!

Boxer78 03-06-2013 06:04 PM

Adr

Thx everyone this site may have saved my life as I was going literally insane. Now I just have to get clavels opinion (if they ever get back to me) then make my decision. Still super scary but no other choice.

MikeC 03-06-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98175)
No way!! Hmmm I asked to talk to him directly. He's a nice guy easy to talk to explains things well. No charge talked for an hour. I'm prob gonna go with him what's new mike???

Well the latest news is that I had a one hour consultation with Dr Clavel by Skype 2 weeks ago. He is very confident that he can perform the 2 level ADR without any issues. My only issue is coming up with the 40k! I have not reached out to Dr Bierstedt lately as my main contact there is Malte and he was traveling out of country. My mind is fairly made up but I suppose I should compare both options. The after care with Dr Bierstedt seems more complete as you are in a hotel connected to the physical therapy office. Have you made a decision yet? It is not easy.

Boxer78 03-06-2013 07:17 PM

Adr

Yea def follow up with bierstedt. Tell malte u have specific questions for the dr. I really like bierstedt and am getting tired of clavels office losing paperwork keeping me waiting for almost 2 weeks now! I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gonna have to do this but want as many opinions as possible. What did malte tell you exactly??

NJ Gene 03-06-2013 07:58 PM

Now between Mr Dare and Dr Bierstedt

I'm reading this thread and I just heard from Mr. Dare He has the same surgical opinion as Dr. Bierstedt. I still need to receive the costs of surgery from Mr Dare. I should learn about this tomorrow (Thursday, March 7th). In my communications with both surgeons, Mr. Dare seems to be easygoing, almost a little too much so. However, I don't have all the details as of yet. I like the fact that Dr. Bierstedt wants me to go for 5 days of therapy after the hospital release, since one of my ADR's would be on a level directly below a fusion. I welcome any thoughts, especially from anyone whose used Mr. Dare.