ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   L-4/L-5 Prodisc scheduled for Jan. 4 (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10907)

Jstuckey 12-30-2010 10:56 AM

One more thing, not that it makes a difference to you personally, but I actually disagree with Dr Clavel's assessment that the osteophyte is the main cause of my scoliosis.... I didn't pass the middle school "scoliosis screen" and had leg pain and numbness at 12 years old. I'm quite sure I didn't have osteophyte formation at that age. I tell you this, just so you really know yourself well and consider questioning others thoroughly, which sounds like you have no problems doing.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROCEDURE SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO DO IT!

Tyler 01-04-2011 01:07 PM

Brett -

Not sure if you're still scheduled but wishing you the best of luck!!

Tyler

ps - I also had some scoliosis in the affected region (potentially the result of a motorcycle accident years ago that led to the affected discs being very compressed on one side) - but it was regarded as mild and hasn't been an issue.

Scrill 01-05-2011 08:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have decided to put off surgery until the summer months. I am getting married in April and wish to be in adequate shape for our honeymoon. I have been sick and was forced to postpone the surgery anyway. This will give me more time to research the issue further and perhaps find another doctor with more experience to do the procedure.

jss 01-05-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrill (Post 88101)
... I am getting married in April and wish to be in adequate shape for our honeymoon...

CONGRATULATIONS! Spine surgery is SMALL compared to that! We just passed 28 years and I'd do it all again.

Speaking of the honeymoon, will ya'll be traveling? If so, where?

Again, congrats!

Jeff

Scrill 01-06-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jss (Post 88106)
Speaking of the honeymoon, will ya'll be traveling? If so, where?

Jeff

I think we are pretty set on Costa Rica. I am not sure if I am willing to go on such an active honeymoon though. Costa Rica is a pretty active vacation, including a lot of time in a rental car. So, we'll see. The last thing I want is to have my back go out while on my honeymoon.

Congrats on your 28 years. I admire those who have stayed together. I have found me a keeper!

Tyler 01-06-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrill (Post 88118)
I think we are pretty set on Costa Rica. I am not sure if I am willing to go on such an active honeymoon though. Costa Rica is a pretty active vacation, including a lot of time in a rental car. So, we'll see. The last thing I want is to have my back go out while on my honeymoon.

Congrats Brett!! And Costa Rica's a wonderful place with lots of different options, plus you can replace the sometimes bumpy car trips with some pretty cheap internal flights. Have fun!