ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Conversation with bierstedt (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12034)

Lillyth 03-06-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 98199)
Well the latest news is that I had a one hour consultation with Dr Clavel by Skype 2 weeks ago. He is very confident that he can perform the 2 level ADR without any issues. My only issue is coming up with the 40k! I have not reached out to Dr Bierstedt lately as my main contact there is Malte and he was traveling out of country. My mind is fairly made up but I suppose I should compare both options. The after care with Dr Bierstedt seems more complete as you are in a hotel connected to the physical therapy office. Have you made a decision yet? It is not easy.

Dr. Clavel has the PT person visit you in your hotel. She comes to you!

Lillyth 03-06-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Gene (Post 98202)
I'm reading this thread and I just heard from Mr. Dare He has the same surgical opinion as Dr. Bierstedt. I still need to receive the costs of surgery from Mr Dare. I should learn about this tomorrow (Thursday, March 7th). In my communications with both surgeons, Mr. Dare seems to be easygoing, almost a little too much so. However, I don't have all the details as of yet. I like the fact that Dr. Bierstedt wants me to go for 5 days of therapy after the hospital release, since one of my ADR's would be on a level directly below a fusion. I welcome any thoughts, especially from anyone whose used Mr. Dare.

You should pm Vicki_in_Florida. She had a two level with Dr. Dare.

MikeC 03-06-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillyth (Post 98206)
Dr. Clavel has the PT person visit you in your hotel. She comes to you!

Wow, room service.....that is even better! I have been drinking lots of Spanish wines lately...is that some sort of subliminal message to myself? I must be getting in the right frame of mind. Actually , wine is not allowed for at least one week after surgery I would think. Ok I know this is not a very constructive post, I apologize!

Boxer78 03-06-2013 11:16 PM

Adr

So mike what's up next for you?

MikeC 03-07-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98215)
So mike what's up next for you?

Saving up the 32,000 Euros I need for the procedure. My wife already sold all of my daughter's Beanie Babies, at ( at a loss mind you), so it is perhaps a home equity loan or some cash using a credit card. Remember when you could borrow $25,000 without interest for 12 months on a Citibank MasterCard ? If only the EuroDocs took credit cards, I might be on a plane sooner than later. I know that there might be some well qualified American surgeons, but I doubt that my insurance covers a 2 level ADR in the USA. More to come, in the meantime, I have some very good Spanish wine recommendations. Cheers.

Boxer78 03-07-2013 12:08 AM

Adr

I hear ya man hang in there let me know what's up

MikeC 03-07-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98200)
Yea def follow up with bierstedt. Tell malte u have specific questions for the dr. I really like bierstedt and am getting tired of clavels office losing paperwork keeping me waiting for almost 2 weeks now! I've come to terms with the fact that I'm gonna have to do this but want as many opinions as possible. What did malte tell you exactly??

Last post for the evening. I realize that I never reponded to your question. Malte called me from Skype during a trip to South America which I thought showed dedication. I think that he was traveling with another physician from the same group as Dr Bierstedt. I do owe him a call. It is hard to find the quiet time to focus but I will make the time. I have focused on dealing with Dr Clavel as there is much more info about him and many glowing reviews. I have not experienced the issues with lost paperwork though. Let's all pray that Lilly sends us some great news from Barcelona in a few weeks. All for now; we are getting another storm here in the northeast!

Boxer78 03-07-2013 01:07 AM

Adr

Thx mike I'm in NY and storms suck lol. Il let u know what else I find from clavel

JeffR 03-07-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 98216)
Saving up the 32,000 Euros I need for the procedure. My wife already sold all of my daughter's Beanie Babies, at ( at a loss mind you), so it is perhaps a home equity loan or some cash using a credit card. Remember when you could borrow $25,000 without interest for 12 months on a Citibank MasterCard ? If only the EuroDocs took credit cards, I might be on a plane sooner than later. I know that there might be some well qualified American surgeons, but I doubt that my insurance covers a 2 level ADR in the USA. More to come, in the meantime, I have some very good Spanish wine recommendations. Cheers.

You might want to look into gofundme.com - it's a website that helps you raise money for various things. I raised over $14,000 to help towards my surgical cost and it made all the difference. You'll be amazed by how much people want to help.

-Jeff

NJ Gene 03-07-2013 10:39 AM

Regarding interest free loan on Citibank Mastercard

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeC (Post 98216)

Boxer, I am doing that. In my case, I'm only taking out a $14,000 interest free loan on my Citibank American Express. I don't have to pay it back until Feb, 2014 without acquiring any interest. They treat it as a balance transfer (even though they deposited the finds into my checking account) and a 3% processing fee applies. I suggest you call Citibank, explain your situation and see what they can do for you. I have other funds to finance the remaining cost my surgery, so I only took $14,000. BTW, the offer applies to any Citibank card. It doesn't matter if it's Mastercard or American Express.

Gene