ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Instability Issues ??? (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13279)

TomN 10-15-2015 02:57 AM

Confused

Yeah, I've been told I have both instability and irritability, and haven't seen either one clearly on any MRI, with several doctors looking at them with me. I think I just haven't seen the right Dr. yet who knows exactly what's wrong and knows exactly what the fix is. I made an appt with a guy who comes highly recommended here in LA, Dr Khoo. He has an impressive background and helped my dad's friend when he couldn't get any answer from other doctors. Maybe he can shed light on my case and show me the problems on my MRI's.

I'm beyond frustrated and confused after 6 surgeons who have varying opinions regarding the reason my feet go numb when I look down.

Thanks Simeoni!
Hope you feel better!
Tom

Romakis 10-15-2015 06:47 AM

Did you ask Dr. Clavel?

Cheryl0331 10-15-2015 08:07 AM

what they won't tell you though

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomN (Post 112174)
Thank you Cheryl.
I will send my films to more surgeon over there for sure. What will haunt me is how Dr Watkins said fusion is the safest bet for irritability, and that ADR could quite very well leave me in pain as the cord will still hurt when bending at that segment. He even told me that Bertagnoli will suggest and ADR, and sure enough he did. And he said it will NOT affect the irritability of the spine at that segment. Ugh!

Is how you most likely will develop adjacent level issues. That is instability too. Another reason why I like the M6; as it is more constrained than other ADR's. Things is you can always go to fusion later but not go from fusion to an ADR.

simeoni 10-15-2015 09:26 AM

Cheryl, do you mean 1-level fusion will most likely lead to adjacent level issues? If you do, please back it up with some evidence? From what I know from years of reading and self-studying, this is quite an overstatement. Possible contra-indication of ADR is far more significant risk than fusion leading to ASD.

TomN 10-16-2015 12:51 AM

Clavel

No, I haven't asked Clavel yet.
Bertagnoli said there is nothing in my MRI that would suggest why my feet and both pinky fingers go numb when I look down. He said to do an ADR to fix the problem of foramina narrowing (2mm) and DDD with bone spurs at C6/7. But can't say whether the foot problem will go away. Ugh!

So now I've ben told I have spinal Instability and irritability but it can't be seen on any films. Anyone had this problem?

simeoni 10-16-2015 02:52 AM

Tom, do the flexion extension x-rays show anything abnormal? Mri is in done in static neutral position and is not the best tool to pick up instability.

TomN 10-17-2015 02:12 AM

Flexion

Yeah
I did a flexion/extension MRI that said I had 5mm of subluxation then took it to 6 surgeons that said it wasn't there. Friggin crazy!!!!

Did a flexion ext X-ray a couple weeks ago and it also showed no instability. But I have all the symptoms of instability...Looking down and feet go numb along with pinky fingers.

Romakis 10-19-2015 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomN (Post 112211)
No, I haven't asked Clavel yet.

Ask him. He provided the most accurate diagnosis for me, and I had asked 5 others as well.

TomN 10-20-2015 01:17 AM

Clavel

I will, thank you!!!
How are you feeling these days since he did your back?

Romakis 10-21-2015 07:28 AM

re:

Recovery trully sucks. Still some LBP, but no sciatica.