ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Surgery with Nick Boeree 8/31/11 (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11232)

Lizard 08-05-2011 11:40 PM

Surgery with Nick Boeree 8/31/11

Hello,
I am scheduled for surgery with Nick Boeree on 8/31/11. Most of my info is in my signature. I am very active, and am hoping that this surgery will restore me to my normal lifestyle I have had to shelf for the past few months. Love yoga, hiking, anything outdoors. I am having 2 level ADR, C5-6 and C6-7, with M6-Cs. If anyone has had this surgery with Dr. Boeree, I would love to hear how you are managing post-op, especially if you are a year or more out. I am getting more nervous as the surg date approaches, but I also cannot wait for relief.

Thanks!

Harrison 08-09-2011 07:42 PM

Lizard, sorry for the late reply. Have you taken some time to review the post-operative outcome forum?

Lots there, over 500 post-op surgeries now...many have gone overseas and more recently to the UK...

christinlal 08-10-2011 06:13 PM

Nancy...

I will keep you in my prayers.
Christine

Lizard 08-11-2011 11:03 PM

Thanks

Harrison,
Thanks, I will do that.

Thanks for the support, Christine! I really do appreciate it...
Nancy

Jstuckey 08-12-2011 12:09 PM

Sent you a private message.

Azhure 08-12-2011 12:22 PM

Not a year out, not even a month out, from a different surgery, but wanted to stop by and say good luck. I am a hiking-biking-mountain-lover from the Rockies, and I understand how frustrating these types of injuries can make it when you can't do those things you love so much anymore. Good luck with your upcoming surgery, and here's to a speedy recovery!

Lizard 08-13-2011 12:31 AM

Thank you...

Thanks JStuckey and Azhure for the kind words....I hope your surgery goes well JS and hope you continue to improve Azhure!

jss 08-14-2011 02:05 PM

Lizard,

The poster that goes by the name "Tyler" on this forum had a double cervical M6 (C4/5, C5/6) with Dr Boeree a year or so ago. Two months later he was mountain climbing in the Himalayas. I had a double cervical M6 (C3/4, C6/7) with Dr Clavel in Spain, and was able to run a half-marathon three months later. Our results are not typical, but you do have a very good chance of an excellent outcome with Dr Boeree and two cervical M6's.

Good luck, Jeff

Lizard 08-15-2011 01:18 AM

Jeff....

Thank you, Jeff. I have confidence in Dr. Boeree from our consult by phone and also the positive feedback I have read about him on this forum. Also have talked to Marti Conger by phone x 2 and she has really been very helpful and reassuring. I did send Tyler a PM to ask how he was presently, now that he is 1yr out, but haven't heard back.

Lizard 08-23-2011 10:14 PM

Surgery Next Week!

My surgery is next week, and I leave for England 8/28. I will keep everyone posted on my progress post-op when I return home!