ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Prodisc-C surgery scheduled (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9999)

jchebert1979 05-19-2009 01:24 PM

Prodisc-C surgery scheduled

Well the insurance went through and I have scheduled my surgery with Dr. Jorge Isaza in Baton Rouge, La. next Thursday the 28th. He was part of the clinical trials for the Prestige disc but after the Prodisc came out he switched to it.

I am much more nervous about this surgery than the brain surgery. I think because I have so many unexplained symptoms. We'll see how this one goes.

Mike L. 05-20-2009 12:30 AM

My doc has the opposite device planned for me.

WHat other symptoms?
I have to get a single level prestige. I notice auditory changes and general lightheadedness with my stenosis. But the Dr.s don't confirm this. I cant wait to get this pinched nerve done with.
Good healing to you! Mike L.

jchebert1979 05-20-2009 05:47 PM

Mike,

The other symptoms that I am referring to are constant extreme lightheadedness, nausea, dizziness, confusion, disorientation, and tinitus. This is in addition to the searing pain that comes from my neck into my upper back, around to my chest, and down my left arm. Basically I feel like I am having a constant stroke or heart attack every day.

No doctor has confirmed this for me either, but I have spent the last 20 months going across the country to countless different doctors. Cardiologists, gastroenterologists, nuerologists, nuerosurgeons, and the Mayo Clinic. No one has given me a clear diagnosis much less any type of treatment that reduces my suffering to "not wanting to die" levels. I can no longer get up for more than a few minutes at a time.

I was 25 when I bought my first house, all by myself. These symptoms started about a month after my 28th birthday. I have since had to sell my house. Move in with a friend in a lower income apartment (not that there is anything wrong with low income places). I can no longer work through this, so I am about to lose my job, vehicle (company vehicle), and insurance. That great 401k that I have maxed out since I was 24 will probably soon be gone to if I have no income. All of this and not one doctor is even willing to try and look past the symptoms and try to find out what is wrong.

Sorry about this long rant, it was a really rough day today so I'm blues-ing out pretty bad. I guess I just wanted to say that I haven't had much luck from doctors either, so I am putting all of my chips on the table with this surgery.

Good luck with yours

Jessica 05-20-2009 11:16 PM

Best wishes

I want to wish you the best with your surgery. I hope that it solves your symptoms and your life turns around. I had an impinged and displaced spinal cord with symptoms on the entire right side of my body. Most of the symptoms disappeared after surgery. The only regret I have is not having a discogram before surgery. I know it is most likely too late for you to do that now if you have not already. If surgery does not solve all of your issues, I would maybe pursue a discogram. Some discs are pain creators without showing signs on an MRI.

My thoughts are with you. I will be watching for your post op post!

cavalier 06-03-2009 11:40 PM

We match in symptoms very much so - Jill