ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   CONVERSATION w CLAVEL (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12043)

Boxer78 03-12-2013 06:51 AM

CONVERSATION w CLAVEL

Just got off the phone with dr clavel. Great guy says my major issue is a ruptured L5 s1 and thinks discogram my help rule out L4/5. says most of us will be getting a 10 millimeter tall disc unless the trail is loose then u get a 12 millimeter. Said full bone growth isn't done til one year so no throwing down for me til then lol. Also offers insurance is something happens after u leave I can fly back and get redo for free!! Although he's never done one. So now it's between him and bierstedt??????????????????????

RobertM 03-12-2013 02:57 PM

Did he happen to say what the insurance cost was and what the stipulations are?

Good luck to you in your decision.

Boxer78 03-12-2013 05:00 PM

Adr

From what I can understand nothing is really covered lol I have to ask Yolanda more about it.

Claudia K. 03-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer78 (Post 98431)
Just got off the phone with dr clavel. Great guy says my major issue is a ruptured L5 s1 and thinks discogram my help rule out L4/5. says most of us will be getting a 10 millimeter tall disc unless the trail is loose then u get a 12 millimeter. Said full bone growth isn't done til one year so no throwing down for me til then lol. Also offers insurance is something happens after u leave I can fly back and get redo for free!! Although he's never done one. So now it's between him and bierstedt??????????????????????

Hi Boxer78,
Dr.Bierstedt offers an insurance policy for the hospital stay for 200 Euro. Is this what Dr.Clavel is talking about?
Also he would have taken care of any complication if I had one for free.
Glad you maybe need just one level fixed. Important is you getting your answers and soon your live back!!
Claudia

Lillyth 03-12-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertM (Post 98434)
Did he happen to say what the insurance cost was and what the stipulations are?

Good luck to you in your decision.

1k Euros. It covers revision for one year. It does not cover a re-injury however, so no falls, no auto accidents.

Lillyth 03-12-2013 07:35 PM

Just need to make a decision, but don't wait too long. I will be fully recovered come next March, and you and I have a video to make!

Boxer78 03-12-2013 07:47 PM

Adr

Well the plot continues to thicken for me as I just discovered a cop on my job has a fusion and is on full duty!!!???? My union rep told me fusion is a no go? Anyway goin to NYC Thursday to see dr bitan who is world renowned for ADR but obv no w m6 this is just gettn ridiculous

Lillyth 03-12-2013 07:50 PM

Oh man!

The fact of the matter is that you *could* get a fusion. Especially at that level. But I wouldn't fuse any level of my body unless there were no other choice.

Do keep us updated. And remember. You and I have a date!

Boxer78 03-12-2013 08:13 PM

Adr

So I just called guy and he had a disclectomy not a fusion lol and still has pain wtf. My job is like a bad game of telephone sometimes!! Yes we do have a date where we will be demonstrating flying arm bars and rear chokes from various position!!!

RobertM 03-12-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillyth (Post 98442)
1k Euros. It covers revision for one year. It does not cover a re-injury however, so no falls, no auto accidents.

Thanks I have been wondering if there was anything to help fix something if it goes wrong. That was is part of my decision making question's. Well it still is because I want to get more information on it.

I heard from Dr. Clavel's office I am a candidate I just have to refill out some paperwork. So as long as my paperwork is good I will be fully approved.