ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Ruptured Disc While Running *MRI Images* (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13966)

Robb235 01-16-2019 05:25 PM

Heard back from TBI yesterday. Dr. Blumenthal reviewed my MRI, and wanted flex/extension x-rays, as well as a CT scan. Luckily my local orthopedic surgeon had wanted those as well, so I already had them done. Immediately emailed them over to TBI. They said to give their insurance team 3-4 days to run my insurance benefits, and they'd get back to me. Hopefully they have no issues with Tricare.

leipan71 01-16-2019 08:53 PM

Tbi

I saw Dr. Guyer yesterday and asked a bunch of questions. My insurance Aetna won't cover at all. It is nice that your insurance can cover part of it.

irishbrads 01-24-2019 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKTM300 (Post 117858)
Get His free opinion also he is recognised as best in world n is cheapest cost due to socialized medicine

you said in another thread he charges based on your job title? you said he charged you $60k, definitely not the cheapest, make your mind up man or at least keep your stories consistent.

Robb235 01-25-2019 11:17 AM

I had a steroid injection (two actually) in my lower back on Monday 1/21. Didn't seem to do much for me.

I'm scheduled to meet with Dr. Blumenthal next Thursday 1/31. So I'm flying out there and flying back same day. Hopefully we get a surgery date set and I can get this over with.

GKTM300 01-26-2019 05:16 PM

yeah I dont know I would want the best possible chance at a full recovery with no complications

Robb235 01-27-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKTM300 (Post 117916)
yeah I dont know I would want the best possible chance at a full recovery with no complications

That's definitely the goal.

Robb235 01-31-2019 04:48 PM

Met with Dr. Blumenthal today. Cool guy. Told me I'm a candidate for ActivL ADR at L5-S1. So I'm scheduled for surgery March 5th. Hopefully it's a smooth operation.

On another note, I asked his opinion on the Axiomed lumbar Freedom disc, since I've heard it's supposed to be getting FDA approval soon. He said it will never get FDA approval because the company ran out of money. And even if it did get approved, he said he'd still use the ActivL over the Freedom disc. He also said that with the company running out of money, all the research data is lost? Not real sure how all that works, but regardless, he wasn't a fan.

Boxer78 02-01-2019 02:05 AM

Adr

Congrats on booking your surgery! It’s a shame these companies go belly up because they can’t afford the conduct these ridiculously expensive trials.

Robb235 02-21-2019 04:04 PM

12 days out from having surgery, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.

But my flight to and from Atlanta to Dallas is booked (flying Southwest). Hotel room is booked for that week (for family to stay, and for me to stay in night before surgery, and day after planned discharge).

On another note. I'm still exercising. Not doing any running, that irritates my back. I alternate between cardio on the stationary bike, and resistance training. Resistance training includes dumbbell presses, bicep curls, triceps extensions, incline dumbbell presses, and situps/crunches. You would think that the ab work would irritate my back, and I guess it does a little bit, but not enough to stop me. Trying to strengthen my abs as much as I can before they cut me open. Hopefully it helps with recovery process.

Robb235 02-21-2019 04:20 PM

Forgot to mention that I got my pre-approval from Tricare (Humana Military) for the procedure. No denials, no appeals, no fuss so far. Hopefully the insurance side of things stays that way.