ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Request for Volunteers & Professionals (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5334)

Mariaa 07-14-2005 08:32 AM

My background has been in healthcare for 25 years working as an RN and Nurse Practitioner. Have worked clinically in most medical settings and have worked as an administrator also. Have written policies, procedures, protocols, orientation manuals for depts. Worked with Quality Assurance for several years.. written grants.. done telephone triage Advice nursing..
yadayada... might be helpful and am definately available to try and help out~

chuxk79 07-14-2005 09:00 PM

I forgot to Mention that one of my roomates
girlfriend has been working for a work Comp
company for about 20 years and is very knowledgeable on all the new changes and rules
with Work Comp Claims if I can be of any help.
Chuxk79

Danielle Shawgo 07-14-2005 10:01 PM

I have to be honest. I don't know what help I would be to someone else when I can't accomplish it myself but I am willing to help if there is something that I can do. I was a nursing assistant (that's how I hurt my back) and that is all of the medical knowledge that I have other than about myself. I don't have any legal training.

Nairek 07-14-2005 10:33 PM

I'm studying to become a paralegal but I don't think I can offer that much help. The legal books at school are very limited but I'll have access to Lexis-Nexis (huge legal database) by the end of August. Not sure if this helps.

gem 07-15-2005 03:06 PM

I've written quite a few appeal letters and gone through the grievance process a lot with Blue Shield in CA. I'm also in HR.

Gem

Harrison 07-16-2005 10:20 AM

Thank you all very much; I'll be in touch over the coming weeks.

I am exploring the best way to organize this (thoughtful & committed) network. E.g., I wonder if using Linkedin (which I use for my professional contacts) may be the best way to proceed / organize).

BRENDAWY 07-18-2005 07:05 AM

I have been away at fair with my kids, so I just got tjis message. Count me in! I am gathering momentom here in Wyoming. I dont have any legal training, but I am great on the phone and can call anywhere in the country with unlimited minutes. I never hesitate to call people I dont know. I would like to send you a copy of the flyer I am sending to sevsral Drs offices for approval in Wyoming and Colorado. Call me, BrendaWY

Clairem 07-18-2005 08:44 AM

I've just found this post.
I'm based in the UK and am a doctor, A General Practioner (I think I'm called a 'family doctor' in the USA) I have recently undergone an ADR. I''ve not been working for the last 6 months due to my back, but plan to go back when possible. If I can be of any help please let me know.

annec 07-18-2005 10:01 AM

Harrison-
I would like the chance to give something back. I'm a licensed social worker and I've been on the provider side of managed care for many years, so I can speak the lingo. Let me know what I can do--phone calls, letters, whatever.
Anne

Dale S 07-20-2005 08:57 PM

Harrison,
Though I have neither any legal nor medical knowledge, I'd be happy to offer my assistance. I'm a bookkeeper by trade and am great at organizing and streamlining.

However, it would seem that the best way to refute insurance claims would be with a study because that is what they state as their basis for denial. If studies proved, etc, etc, etc, that adr's provided better relief than fusion or other accepted practices, insurance companies would have no legal standing in denying claims.

I have no idea how one would go about formulating a new study, but it would be the quickest way to get where we need to go. Surely there should be enough data at this time to formulate positive statistics.

Just an idea,
Dale Stuer