ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   After surgery care (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12048)

Boxer78 03-13-2013 11:20 PM

After surgery care

For all of those going overseas what are your plans for care and follow up in the states? Have you found a doctor that will watch over you??

Lillyth 03-16-2013 12:32 PM

Yep. But then, I was lucky. My current doc took one look at my MRI's and said "You need three levels. You should go to Europe."

Harrison 03-16-2013 12:40 PM

Don't forget about finding a good dental hygienist -- very important to keep your mouth extra clean the rest of your entire life! Not all dentists understand the importance of biofilms and how to get rid of them -- that's why I fired my dentist and found a new one that uses ozone, xylitol, etc. Dental-specific bugs have been definitively documented on both human and prosthetic joints -- keep them clean!

For more on this, see the DENT Connection forum on my biofilm site. :D

Biofilm Community

Boxer78 03-16-2013 08:46 PM

Adr

That's scary so what happens when I'm flossing am I releasing bacteria into my blood which sticks to an implant?? What happens?

TPatti 03-16-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 98625)
Don't forget about finding a good dental hygienist -- very important to keep your mouth extra clean the rest of your entire life! Not all dentists understand the importance of biofilms and how to get rid of them -- that's why I fired my dentist and found a new one that uses ozone, xylitol, etc. Dental-specific bugs have been definitively documented on both human and prosthetic joints -- keep them clean!

For more on this, see the DENT Connection forum on my biofilm site. :D

Biofilm Community

I think I am going to look for a new dentist. Do you any advice on specific questions to ask and ways to find dentists that use ozone water? I spoke with a water filter person who I refer a lot of work to and he said he does not know of any in the area that use. He sells a lot of dentists basic filtering systems for there water.

newleaseonlife 03-16-2013 10:16 PM

Wow! Just wow!! I knew back in the 1700s people got sick and even died from dental infections, but I never realized how it could affect those with implants.

Thanks for the info, Harrison!

2Confused 03-17-2013 01:25 PM

BTW, my Dentist required that I take antibiotics prior to any procedure following my surgery. He said it was a precaution he takes with any patient who has implants!

2Confused 03-17-2013 01:32 PM

Boxer78,

My NeuroSurgeon agreed to see me post op. He has been great about followup. That being said, I must tell you he is not impressed with the disc placement, however, he has no familiarity with the M6 and he has admitted that the placement might be exactly what it should be.... He has no experience with the M6. I am doing great, no pain, very little residual nerve pain in the right arm (it comes and goes) and I continue to improve! I am behind, I should have sent Dr. Clavel my films in Feb. but there were so many things going on in my life, business, etc. that I neglected to do so. I have uploaded the films to my computer & will get them uploaded for Dr. Clavel's review. Surgery was Oct. 24, 2012 so I am about 5 months out! Wow! Amazing! I am anxious for Dr. C to see my 3 mo X-rays! It is amazing how wonderful I feel, I am so grateful for this forum, the people on the forum who patiently answered my questions, and the success of the surgery - I feel blessed!

Boxer78 03-17-2013 01:37 PM

Adr

That's awesome!! It's just scary to come home w metal in your body that no one back home can touch if something goes wrong!! But I guess w a guy like clavel it always works out!!

Harrison 03-17-2013 07:42 PM

Hey all, I almost forgot the FAQ I did on this a while back -- related topics through the years:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f49...-surgery-9576/