ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Hello, New guy in pain (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12997)

stoked64 01-06-2015 02:03 PM

Hello, New guy in pain

Hello:

New to the board, first post.

Can anyone recommend a surgeon in North East North Carolina (NC) or South East Virginia (Norfolk/VA Beach area) that performs (and experienced) with ADR?

Thanks in advance.

NJ Gene 01-06-2015 09:39 PM

You're limiting your area

Stoked,

Firstly, welcome to the forum! Secondly, while there might be ADR surgeons in the areas you suggest, they are not well known on these boards. Most people who are seeking ADR surgery are willing to travel almost anyplace in the U.S. as well as Europe.

Do you have some type of travel limitation? I know there are good ADR surgeons in Baltimore, Florida, Colorado, Texas, Seattle, and California. Other members, feel free to add to my list. ADR is a very serious decision and I would not recommend you limit the surgeon to one geographic area. It's very important to get a surgeon who is competent. ADR is not mainstream in the U.S. at this point in time and you may have to travel to find a good surgeon.

Good luck!!
Gene

drewrad 01-07-2015 03:26 AM

Multiple level ADR may be a challenge here in the States, especially if one wishes to avoid either fusion the ProDisc and go with an alternative.

Harrison 01-07-2015 12:46 PM

I met this doc years ago, and talked to some of his patients...all favorable. He's in your area:

http://www.cnsa.com/physicians/coric.html

stoked64 01-09-2015 12:55 PM

Dr Coric

Dr Coric is the one name I keep coming across. He appears to be one of the leading doctors in the states.

Thanks to all.

DWebster 01-09-2015 03:26 PM

What is most important? Outcome!

I can understand wanting the convenience of a close doctor but I would put the choose of the best doctor at the top and then plan around that, this is the rest of your life you are planning for.

I went from being in a wheelchair and wanting to die to absolutely no pain, I can not even begin to express what it is like to have such a change . I believe there is few doctors that could have pulled off such a miracle. It was a very complicated surgery, I was 6'2" and 300 pounds, lets face it he had a lot to get through to do the job.

I pray that how ever you choose that your outcome is as good as mine. I wish you all the best.

Throttlejockey 01-09-2015 04:06 PM

If my wife had stayed local, she would have a two level fusion right now. She would still be wearing a hard collar, not able to drive, not able to work, and not able to lift the kids into the car seats.

And, by the way, we live 20 miles from the "best" spine surgeons in the "world"!

Forget about the distance. Forget about the cost. By you taking the time to do your research, and finding this forum, I think you should take it upon yourself to get the best possible surgeon that can offer you the best chance for a guaranteed positive outcome.

I predict that ADR will become a mainstream procedure in the US in about 7 years or so. At that point there will be some awesome doc in your area that will have a couple thousand of these under his/her belt. Until then, I would stick to the guys that already have that kind of experience.

TJ

colorado babe 01-12-2015 09:40 AM

Like everyone said, do your research. Get several opinions from several surgeons. When you find the right one for you, you will know it--I promise. What works best for one patient may not work out for another. I look forward to hearing who and where you decide to go. Good luck and Welcome to the boards. :):)

stoked64 01-13-2015 03:26 PM

update

Just made an appointment to see Dr Coric. Have to wait until mid April and it's a 5.5 hour trip. I'll keep the board posted. Thanks for the feedback.

jss 01-13-2015 05:02 PM

We'll be looking forward to his prescription. Wishing you the very best.