ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9539)

Terry 11-27-2008 11:20 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I am hoping everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving today. May God bless all of your lives with family, friends, good food, warm hearts, and, most of all, as pain free as possible of a day for us Spineys. :shedance:

Let us be grateful for our many bounties and, let us be mindful of the needs of others.

Have a blessed day.

Terry Newton

Harrison 11-27-2008 11:42 AM

Thanks Terry, well said. I thank God for my lovely, supportive wife; living pain-free and the chance to get to know some of you good people.

Thought for the day: weigh yourself before you eat...then after! I'm not proud to admit it, but last year, the difference was FOUR pounds!

:Dead:

trkdoc714 11-27-2008 07:33 PM

Thanksgiving

Great Thanksgiving blessing Terry! I'm surrounded by all of my children and grandchildren today so we're having a blast. But I mentioned "new found friends" of this support forum before dinner (I cooked) today.

Since I did the cooking, maybe we should have prayed after we ate........

I hope all are well, well fed and surrounded by their families.

Bob

Cirobi 11-27-2008 11:13 PM

Well said Terry! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has had a fabulous day regardless of pain levels.

Lets see, this year I'm thankful to have an awesome and very supportive family (including my boyfriends family), all the great people I've met through here, and my surgeon's skilled hands for helping me get a new lease on life for however long it lasts (hopefully a long long time).

I hope everyone also gets a great night of sleep thanks to their "turkey coma". :laugh:

~Sara

soljagirl 11-28-2008 02:40 AM

Thanks to this support group

Thanks Terry!

I am thankful for each day I have to spend with my family, with or without pain. I am thankful for this support group. It has helped me immeasurably.

I am thankful for chocolate, my drug of choice.

kimmers 11-28-2008 05:30 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

We had Rock Cornish Game Hens so no turkey today. Tomorrow, travel to go eat Turkey with my husband's family.
This year, I cooked nothing. That was easier!

I am thankful for a Thanksgiving where I didn't think twice about sitting down and stuffing my face full of food and not worrying about back pain like I did last year.

Kimmers

KBear 12-01-2008 11:04 AM

I'm a little late; but Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a wonderful time with friends and family. I had a wonderful Holiday. I was able to see a lot of my and my husbands family. We both have very large families, so seeing all of them at once is impossible; but the ones we didn't see this weekend we will see at Christmas :) I am so thankful for my loving husband, mom and mother in law, who help me so much with my daughters. Thankful that God has given me so much.
I am so excited about Christmas, both of my girls are old enough to 'get it'. It is so fun watching it through their eyes. We put up the tree and got some of the outdoor lights up this weekend. I also did Black Friday shopping and had manageable pain over the last 5 days! God Bless You All!