ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Hello ADR...a quick question! (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9981)

petermo 05-13-2009 09:21 AM

Hello ADR...a quick question!

I had replacement disc surgery at the start of December 2008, and have been undergoing physiotherapy ever since. I had a metal pin and plate fusion at S1 and replacement discs at L3 and L4. My pain is getting progressively worse, and at my last review I was told the top ADR had moved and was not in its original position. They also said that L3 was very flat. Has anyone else had disc movement (failure) and what symptoms should I be aware of? Worried that things might be worsening and I am doing nothing about it. Have had several cervical operations too, and am waiting for another fusion later this year. Many thanks. Peter :)

Maddie 05-13-2009 11:59 AM

First, welcome!

And I am sorry to hear of your problems after going through the effort of surgery already.

Yes, I have heard of the discs moving. Could you give us more information, like where you had it done, what type of new disc you have, please.

So by review you mean you had another MRI or other imaging done? How sure are they that it moved, and is the pain different from before the surgery?

I cannot give you many answers, but there are quite a few people on here with much more experience than I have, and should be able to give you some better feedback.

rhatzy 05-13-2009 07:34 PM

With all your previous surgeries, you could have some problems with scar tissue buildup. I know I did and they went in with a tiny endoscope and remove a lot and freed up a nerve.

Mark

mub 05-14-2009 05:12 PM

Hello,
I am also having problems. I had my adr on 4-14-09 L4/5 @ the Cleveland Clinic. To date my experience has not been a good one. My surgerical pain is gone, but my pre-surgery pain is worse now. I am going to see the dr. on Monday. I am interested if I will get to see an x-ray. I am wondering why this is, when reading some posts they seem to know right away the adr worked.
:angel:

Harrison 05-14-2009 07:35 PM

Question

Mub,

Forgive the curious question, but did your spine surgeon know about your fibromyalgia? Did you bring it up in your consults? Take a look at this topic too: ADR Risks, Complications, Disqualifications Would you call fibromyalgia an immune-related disease?

Some fibro patients are seeing successes in treating their fibro both palliatively and systemically. If you are lucky, maybe you could consult patients and doctors who have seen these successes -- and it may help you with some of your spinal pain symptoms. It may be a long-shot, maybe not...

mub 05-14-2009 09:49 PM

Yes. He was/is aware of my fibro. It is not considered an auto-immune disease, but it does complicate my pain. I just try to keep moving...