ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   "Getting Back on Their Feet" New Film on DVD (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   A miracle, of sorts... (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10137)

Harrison 03-24-2010 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tom,

I am glad that you and your wife found value in the film. And thank you for very constructive feedback! I'll take this into consideration for the next film.

In the meantime, here's an article that Orthopedic Product News printed in their Sept/Oct 2009 edition. It tells readers a bit more about me, the film making process and the non-profit Arthroplasty Patient Foundation.

Thx again for the feedback!

Harrison 04-20-2010 10:33 AM

I am happy to see the spine doctors are watching the DVD too! Last year, I spoke briefly to Dr. Nick DiNubile MD, the orthopedic surgeon and author of the “Framework” health education series. His new book may be helpful to those of you hoping to avoid surgery; or for others well into their recovery: Framework for the Lower Back: A 6-step Plan for a Healthy Lower Back.

Thank you, Dr. Nick, for your supportive words describing the film. And one more BIG thank you to the patients interviewed in the film – you helped all of us tell the story! If anyone is interested in his book, the second edition is here.

After watching the DVD, he offers this assessment of it:
“Getting Back on Their Feet, a DVD by Richard Longland, is a wonderful documentary that follows seven patients through their struggles and successes with back surgery, with an emphasis on disc replacement. Longland, a disc replacement recipient himself, portrays the complexities of lower back care, non-operative and operative alike, including the toll it takes on individuals’ lives. I recommend this DVD to anyone suffering with chronic back lower back pain, especially those contemplating any type of lower back surgery."
Note: I have no business affiliation with Dr. Nick or any other doctor, though sometimes I wish I did! ;)

kennethhoff 07-29-2010 04:26 PM

Dvd

I bought the DVD "Getting Back on their feet" maybe a month or so ago. It is a fantastic DVD and I would advise everyone to get a copy and watch. It is good to see as you go through the process, before surgery, or even to show friends and family what others have gone through and it's not just you.

I have been dealing with back pain (L5-S1 herniation) for 13 years and have done tons of reseearch. It's good to see others and hear their stories. Bless everyone who has to deal with Chronic pain.

- Ken

Tyler 08-09-2010 09:42 AM

What a fantastic help - for my support group as well as me!

Getting so much information across, but also with personal angles that connect to patients, was not only incredibly effective but makes the film great to watch.

Thanks so much for producing this - I hope everyone sees it with their families!
Best, Tyler

back2lifeplease 05-17-2011 10:48 AM

Watched the DVD last night....

and I must say, it was great. I highly reccomend that anyone who has had constant problems with there spine to watch this video. I am really glad I watched it.

Thanks!

Chris

tenniskid 08-10-2011 06:27 PM

Great DVD - highly recommend it!!!

I just got the "getting back on their feet" DVD yesterday and loved it. I could relate to each and everyone of the patients' stories, and it is great that the DVD included a section on the support that the patient's received. No doubt about it, I could not have gone this far without my girlfriend helping me out and taking leave from work to take me to appointments. I highly recommend the DVD and thank you to all the people in the film that have opened their lives up and shared their stories. I also bought the"framework" book that was mentioned above. :wiggle:

L4-5-S1 08-30-2013 01:18 PM

DVDs Why am I still sick / Getting back on their feet

Both great videos, professionally done, valuable info, high recommendation.

I am glad to have these dvds, thank you Richard

Lucelia 12-13-2013 02:52 AM

How do I order the DVD?
Tks

Harrison 12-13-2013 02:56 PM

Thanks for asking. You can order either one, or both, here:

Arthroplasty Patient Foundation

Note the special pricing for patients! :shedance:

Kelly4ADR 02-17-2014 01:40 AM

Harrison,

I will be ordering a copy of your DVD as soon as I finish this comment, as I am about to become the proud owner of a two level Mobi-c. I'm looking forward to the DVD as well as supporting you and your mission, as this forum has been very, very valuable to me as I try to sort out the details of my situation, a big thank you and hugs to you.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I told my surgeon about this forum and he was surprised but happy to hear of it. How do you suggest I inform him and his clinic of this video without sounding condescending or like I am trying to teach him something? Not that he would take it that way, but that I just want it to be well received. He also has crazy credentials on this board and that of spine surgeons, I just think this would be great exposure for your work and DVD.

Thanks, Kelly