ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Technical Problems with this Board (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8881)

ans 08-23-2005 08:22 PM

Uh, does the hosting company have it together? http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

sahuaro 08-23-2005 10:25 PM

The software error message is appearing more frequently now than the 500 internal server message and again, these problems seem to occur more frequently using cable than dial-up. Have no idea what significance this has but hopefully the hosting company does.

florihupf 08-24-2005 12:18 AM

Software error:
Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. The exact error returned by the operating system is: Unknown error

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

djscal 08-24-2005 07:26 PM

So Rich - I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but how about using a higher end hosting company? If its a question of funding - please let me know.

Dan

Mariaa 08-24-2005 07:55 PM

I'm also getting that the page can't be shown, server problem.. (sorry didn't copy exact page/message), have gotten this several times today altho after waiting a while and coming back, have been able to access site but not always been able to access discussion/topic I want to view.

** in trying to post this just got the Software message one with the EXlock stuff that Harrison posted above~ going to try to post this again

Harrison 08-24-2005 08:20 PM

Thx you guys for helping with the posts -- I have shared this topic with tech support at Hostcentric, as well as their VP of Customer Service, who left me voicemail explaining that there is no problem with our site. He then explained he was leaving for vacation for 2 weeks.

Despite this maddening treatment, a helpful engineer called me back (thx Drag), and I also found a helpful tech support manager (thx Melanie) that also took ownership of these problems. It took 25 days to get to the helpful people that I pray will resolve the problem.

Funding...is it a problem? If I had a million dollars, these problems may or may not happen. I would opt for what is called "dedicated" hosting, which may solve SOME of these problems. I would like to have more $ to pay for these services, but I am not convinced it will prevent these issues. And by the way, I worked in the "high end" hosting industry.

All donations will help, and will pay for hosting and tech support functions. Everything that may be extra (we are not there yet) would go to the webmaster, Moki. I've only given him Amazon.com certificates on occasion.

I don't like to ask patients for donations, as many are cash-strapped. I feel a mix of feelings when I get donations from people that I know can not afford it, because they do not have enough $ for the operation -- because their stupid insurance company is rationing health care!

Any way, I'll stop ranting. Thx for your patience, I believe a reliable web site is coming soon...

Dale S 08-24-2005 09:59 PM

I was thinking about how lost I was when this forum was down and now was the time to put my pocketbook to some good use. Bad news but kind of funny if you haven't lost yo ur sense of humor. I clicked on the link to send you a donation.... voila, here's the error -

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Don't worry, I'll keep trying!
Dale

Alastair 08-25-2005 01:41 PM

Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. The exact error returned by the operating system is: Unknown error
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

Alastair 08-26-2005 10:07 AM

We keep bouncing back - -- stay with it Harrison

Harrison 08-26-2005 05:36 PM

It looks like we are fixed finally...I talked to the technician today. Thx for your patience...