ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Technical Problems with this Board (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8881)

Harrison 08-19-2005 05:57 PM

Folks,

The tech support people at the hosting company tell me that the problems that continue to bother us are resolved. I know from all the email and PMs I am getting from you that this is not the case.

Please use this thread to post any problems or errors you are seeing! It may help them get the message!

I've been on the phone with them every day since the problems have started -- thanks for your patience!

andromeda1111 08-19-2005 06:43 PM

Only problem I have encountered is waiting 30 minutes for the site to open.,

Laura

Alastair 08-20-2005 05:06 AM

Hi Laura,
Mmm!! The board should be "Open" 24 /7 no restrictions. My ribs were "Tickled" by the comment by our leader "Please use this thread to post any problems or errors you are seeing! " If you cannot get on here how is this possible? I have had a good few day and I have not been able to get on at all.

I have had some error messages which I have sent to Harrison
Best

Alastair http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

Harrison 08-20-2005 10:26 AM

After I made my post, I wondered if folks would chuckle at my stupid comment, but it seems most people can eventually get into the site!?

Any way, these clowns do not have the right technical (web monitoring and measurement tools) to confirm the frequency and severity of these continued problems, so please, please do post -- if you can -- to this thread when encountering errors or performance issues.

Thx

http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...s/icon_mad.gif

mmglobal 08-20-2005 01:16 PM

Since the "rebuild" a couple of nights ago, things have seemed better. However, I just got the "software error" message and still have response time issues most times I come to the forum.

I know how much extra work this is causing for you, Harrison... I appreciate your efforts... let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Mark

Patrick 08-20-2005 02:49 PM

Yes, I am having time out problems trying to navigate from place to place and other problems. I see lots of duplicate posts and I am sure that is related too.

spotty14 08-20-2005 03:14 PM

There are times each day when I can not get in at all. The error message I get is the same everytime - Microsoft something ...I'll get the exact error message next time if you need it. At first I thought it might be aol giving me problems but I don't know.

ans 08-20-2005 04:02 PM

Same here Harrison, and no AOL here. http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

Dale S 08-20-2005 04:24 PM

Happy to report that as of 2 days ago, everything works fine. Hope these words don't come back to bite me!
Dale

letteski 08-20-2005 04:37 PM

It goes like this:

Software error:
Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. The exact error returned by the operating system is: Unknown error
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Sat Aug 20 16:32:32 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Sat Aug 20 16:32:32 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Sat Aug 20 16:32:32 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Sat Aug 20 16:32:32 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

A bad game of chess, a few good moves then dead for a few minutes then I can move again. I have very little patients these days and Harrison yours must be on overdrive. I feel for you.

Patrick 08-20-2005 05:52 PM

I made it in...yee hah!

Software error:
Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. The exact error returned by the operating system is: Unknown error

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Sat Aug 20 17:44:19 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Sat Aug 20 17:44:19 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Sat Aug 20 17:44:19 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Sat Aug 20 17:44:19 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

sahuaro 08-20-2005 06:18 PM

I seem to have more difficulty using my cable connection than my dial-up: using cable, I usually get a 500-internal server error but then usually but not always get on with AOL dial-up.

Kim 08-20-2005 11:36 PM

I have had problems the last week also. I either get the Microsoft DNS error or I cannot navigate from page to page.
Yesterday and today have been ok but before that I could not get on 2 days in a row. I also had posted some things and they were posted either double or triple on the board. Every time I tried to add reply I got an error message

Harrison 08-21-2005 10:32 AM

I can got to my main site:

www.adrsupport.org

But the hosting company tells me they can, so the problem is because of me! (Sunday at 10;41 EST)

Software error:
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Sun Aug 21 10:17:28 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Sun Aug 21 10:17:28 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Sun Aug 21 10:17:28 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Sun Aug 21 10:17:28 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

Main site:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks.
/includes/headerInclude.asp, line 10

andromeda1111 08-21-2005 11:19 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of high technology!

Efficiency????

Laura

Mariaa 08-21-2005 02:26 PM

This morning as well as the previous days I've gotten the software error Harrison posted above when going from one part of forum to another. Usually I try again and get it with no problem after that~ didn't happen just now while I've been jumping around here.. oops just did while I was trying to post this message. Let me try again!!!

Dale S 08-22-2005 02:12 PM

I knew I shouldn't have said everything was OK. I just posted a new thread and got 'an unusal error' along with a completely blank line in the topic. Show that to your hosting company!
Dale

Cat-mt 08-23-2005 12:17 AM

I tried all day to get to the site but kept getting the 500 internal error. I couldn't get on the site until about an hour ago. Cathy

Alastair 08-23-2005 04:08 PM

I have had problems all day and some FAQ stuff has vanished - -- I`m not sure what but will keep looking
Best
Alastair http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

Harrison 08-23-2005 05:59 PM

Software error:

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Tue Aug 23 17:58:20 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Tue Aug 23 17:58:20 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Tue Aug 23 17:58:20 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Tue Aug 23 17:58:20 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

ans 08-23-2005 08:22 PM

Uh, does the hosting company have it together? http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

sahuaro 08-23-2005 10:25 PM

The software error message is appearing more frequently now than the 500 internal server message and again, these problems seem to occur more frequently using cable than dial-up. Have no idea what significance this has but hopefully the hosting company does.

florihupf 08-24-2005 12:18 AM

Software error:

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Wed Aug 24 00:18:31 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

djscal 08-24-2005 07:26 PM

So Rich - I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but how about using a higher end hosting company? If its a question of funding - please let me know.

Dan

Mariaa 08-24-2005 07:55 PM

I'm also getting that the page can't be shown, server problem.. (sorry didn't copy exact page/message), have gotten this several times today altho after waiting a while and coming back, have been able to access site but not always been able to access discussion/topic I want to view.

** in trying to post this just got the Software message one with the EXlock stuff that Harrison posted above~ going to try to post this again

Harrison 08-24-2005 08:20 PM

Thx you guys for helping with the posts -- I have shared this topic with tech support at Hostcentric, as well as their VP of Customer Service, who left me voicemail explaining that there is no problem with our site. He then explained he was leaving for vacation for 2 weeks.

Despite this maddening treatment, a helpful engineer called me back (thx Drag), and I also found a helpful tech support manager (thx Melanie) that also took ownership of these problems. It took 25 days to get to the helpful people that I pray will resolve the problem.

Funding...is it a problem? If I had a million dollars, these problems may or may not happen. I would opt for what is called "dedicated" hosting, which may solve SOME of these problems. I would like to have more $ to pay for these services, but I am not convinced it will prevent these issues. And by the way, I worked in the "high end" hosting industry.

All donations will help, and will pay for hosting and tech support functions. Everything that may be extra (we are not there yet) would go to the webmaster, Moki. I've only given him Amazon.com certificates on occasion.

I don't like to ask patients for donations, as many are cash-strapped. I feel a mix of feelings when I get donations from people that I know can not afford it, because they do not have enough $ for the operation -- because their stupid insurance company is rationing health care!

Any way, I'll stop ranting. Thx for your patience, I believe a reliable web site is coming soon...

Dale S 08-24-2005 09:59 PM

I was thinking about how lost I was when this forum was down and now was the time to put my pocketbook to some good use. Bad news but kind of funny if you haven't lost yo ur sense of humor. I clicked on the link to send you a donation.... voila, here's the error -

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Don't worry, I'll keep trying!
Dale

Alastair 08-25-2005 01:41 PM

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Thu Aug 25 13:40:22 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

Alastair 08-26-2005 10:07 AM

We keep bouncing back - -- stay with it Harrison

Harrison 08-26-2005 05:36 PM

It looks like we are fixed finally...I talked to the technician today. Thx for your patience...

cervie queen 08-26-2005 07:46 PM

Not so fast: Here's what I got today, (in addition to some of the error messages above)
Sorry, we can not process your request. The board administrator has enabled flood protection for this function. You must wait at least 30 seconds before trying this request again.

Note: Using your back button to return to the previous page may cause the data you were attempting to submit to be lost. Instead, you should use your browser's reload button when the time period has elapsed.

ans 08-26-2005 09:16 PM

When I loaded the forum today, I too got error messages. Also, I was re-directed to an entirely different web-site for a micro-second. http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

Don't know computerese but somebody must understand the error messages.

Allan

Jim M2 08-26-2005 09:46 PM

The forum is screaming fast for me right now!! Rich, I think you've fixed it!!!!

Jim

Kim 08-26-2005 11:42 PM

Sorry to say this Rich but I am still having probs getting into some messages. I froze today and had to totally reboot the page and then I got that same stupid error message again when I tried to post. It did work the second time and I checked it did not dup my message as it had in the past but it looks like all the bugs are not worked out yet. Better yes http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif hooray! but not fixed 100%

Cat-mt 08-26-2005 11:44 PM

I hate to say this but, I'm still having problems. I have gotten this message tonite, in fact I got it trying to come in to this post. When I hit the back button, and try again it will let me in. Who knows what is still going on! Cathy
Software error:
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Fri Aug 26 23:40:35 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Can't EXlock 'ubb/cache-H3KVM5EU/lock/global.cgi'. [Fri Aug 26 23:40:35 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: [Fri Aug 26 23:40:35 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: The exact error returned by the operating system is: [Fri Aug 26 23:40:35 2005] \\frigga\home\users\web\b154\hoc.adrsupport\privat e-cgi-bin\ultimatebb.cgi: Unknown error

Jim M2 08-27-2005 12:20 AM

It's later in the evening now and a few minutes ago I couldn't access the forum. No error messages, just a stalled browser.

ans 08-27-2005 01:08 AM

I agree w/Cat-mt. Time for a second opinon? http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

spotty14 08-27-2005 02:33 AM

I got the Microsoft error message for most of the evening. Can get in now though.

Rick 08-27-2005 05:59 AM

Yesterday I got a little box asking for my member name and password...and damn if every password I ever used could get me in...kept getting a message I wasn't authorized to view this restricted site. I hope I haven't divulged any important info!!!
Rick

Alastair 08-27-2005 06:26 AM

Well I was the same but realised that it was just a temporary thing whilst they were working on the site.

I've logged on this morning and it is in TurboPower and going really well -- -- -- well done Harrison and Moki http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif