ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Thank you all (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14128)

Josh Heart 12-11-2020 11:16 PM

Thank you all

Hi I am Josh

I Have been an athlete throughout my life as a therapy tool, long story short I was a paratrooper and was injured in training, L5S1 herniation, medically released from the army 2011, tried going back to work 6 times, had surgery on my back discectomy, now my neck is going, herniations at two levels hitting my spinal cord. Now I have remortgaged my house and I am ready to get surgery anywhere, I like the M6. I was going to go to Ritter Lang January 2 but the admin was so rude for 80,000 I canceled it. I am in contact with Ken and Mike at ONZ and I have sent in my MRI X-ray , Ritter said two neck disks and l5s1 so I expect the same. I am asking for all the help I can get. I have suffered enough and veterans and the Canadian doctors want me to learn to live with it. I want to play with my son and try to feel joy again. Anyone have suggestions for another opinion ?

Cheryl0331 12-12-2020 03:24 PM

Josh, first let me say....

Thank you for your service!

So sorry to hear about your accident. Airborne troops are at high risk for these types of issues.

I must tell you that Ritter Lang is the lowest rated surgeon and outcomes with the most complications of all mentioned on this sight. I strongly urge you to steer clear of him.

ONZ is as good as most, but sometimes their assessments are lacking and their patient coordinator needs to practice a friendlier manner. Their facility is highly rated and they use the latest prosthesis.

I had an exceptional outcome with Dr. Schmitz at Clinic Bel Etage in Dusseldorf Germany. My first ADR with Dr. Clavel was positive as well. Dr. Clavel is really committed to the M6; which has had some negative outcomes with lumbar. Dr. Schmitz has many options he can use if one is not right. Plus he has perfected the use of an ultrasonic bone scalpel. It's super high tech.

Both are very kind. Their patient coordinators are so sweet. Jessica at Dr. Schmitz's and Olga at Dr. Clavel's.

You will have to get a certified letter from Dr. Schmitz to enter Germany for medical reasons.

I doubt that Spain is letting anyone in regardless.

I wish you the best of luck!

Jhodde 12-12-2020 04:47 PM

good luck!

As someone new to ADR (I just had mine 3 weeks ago), I wish you good luck in your travels and research. I'll post here every week with progress and hopefully it can help push you to making a good decision. :) If you're in pain and there is something that could very well help, I'd say 'take the chance'.

Josh Heart 12-12-2020 08:48 PM

Hi where did you get yours? I am looking at ONZ

Josh Heart 12-12-2020 08:59 PM

Hi I sent a message to your doctor so I hope to hear back soon thank you for your help, I have never blogged before or asked for help so I am supper grateful

Harrison 12-13-2020 09:52 PM

Texas Back

Josh, I would check out Texas Back, Dr. Scott Blumenthal.

Cheryl0331 03-06-2021 03:49 PM

Words I have come to despise

"Learn to live with it" are words that I despise! That is truly cruel to say to someone. If you don't know how to help someone, then at least tell them to research alternates. I think its criminal to not give a patient all the options and alternatives! Don't give up Josh. Numerous European doctors and a growing amount of U.S. doctors finally coming around to ADR.