ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2 level mobi-c (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12421)

Masymas 10-18-2013 03:29 AM

2 level mobi-c

Hi All-
Anyone out there have experience with 2 level mobi-c that was just FDA approved in August?
Thanks for your reply!
Leslie

Harrison 10-18-2013 04:29 PM

Hi Leslie....

Try a search:

ADRSupport Community - Search Forums

If you find a member that may be relevant to your question, you can send them a private message.

jss 10-18-2013 09:25 PM

Leslie,

Sorry, but I can't cite a single person that's had a 2-level Mobi-C. I don't doubt that that's been performed many times; we've just never seen one here (to my knowledge). However, Dr Zeegers in Germany, who has a stellar reputation, until recently used the Mobi-C almost exclusively for cervical ADRs. If you will search for cervical outcomes for him on this and other sites, you'll probably find such outcomes.

Good luck, Jeff

LauraB 10-18-2013 10:10 PM

Hi Leslie,

During my recent surgery, Dr. Bierstedt was concerned that the M6 would not fit at the C6/7 level. Plan B was the Mobi-C; Plan C was fusion.
The concept that Dr. Bierstedt does consider the Mobi-C as an alternative ADR does let me know that he has confidence in its effectiveness for implantation. He does steer clear of a few other well-known devices.

Are you considering the Mobi-C because it is FDA approved for multi-level in the U.S? This is a recent (within the last month) change with the FDA, and I would be concerned about how many MULTI-LEVEL procedures a U.S. doctor has performed. They may have many single-levels under their belt - but multi-level requires a highly advanced level of expertise.
You will more than likely have insurance coverage by staying in the US, and using a device that is FDA approved, but make sure that this device is best for your unique pathology and not that it is the only one available.
I would highly recommend sending your diagnostics to a handful of European surgeons for their treatment recommendation. You may want to address continuity as a baseline for your decision. Dr. Zeegers is one of the highly-rated surgeons (but charges a consultation fee), Dr. Bierstedt (German Spine), Dr. Clavel - Barcelona, Dr. Dare (UK), and possibly Dr. Lauryssen (spelling?) - U.S., but is looking to perform surgery in Switzerland, are just a few of the more actively discussed surgeons as of late. I'm sure there are other members on the forum that will be happy to share other names - possibly US doctors who they would highly recommend too.
Wishing you good health, Laura

RP_OutWest 10-23-2013 01:14 AM

You may want to contact Dr. Lauryssen. He told me he performed a two level Mobi-C surgery about two weeks ago.

Also, you can look at the bottom of the page for "Similar Threads". It shows a couple of threads about it.

Harrison 10-24-2013 10:24 PM

RP, good advice -- similar topics below. Especially the studies -- with doctors involved in them.

jheumann 04-29-2014 08:57 PM

Mobi-c

Probably Dr Hyun Bae in Santa Monica, he did the studies for the Mobi-c disc.

Kelly4ADR 05-02-2014 12:58 PM

Leslie,
I am currently appealing my insurance denial for a two level cervical mobi-c at c5-6 and 6-7.

My surgeon, Dr. Richard Wohns in Pyuallup, WA has performed many many of these. You can check out his website at NeoSpine - Home - Spinal Surgery, Pain Management, Puyallup, Seattle, Poulsbo, Washington, WA

I'm confident in this device as an option for me, and I am more than confident in my surgeon who recommended it. :)

Jerry5 05-05-2014 09:03 PM

Mobi L

Did not know this, but there is a Mobi-L, but not sure if this is approved for use in the USA.

Still want the M6, but not saying anyone has to have this.

I too, will now start to work on my appeal.

It is hard to believe, this is like trying to talk in a foreign land, afraid the neighbors will hear you talk evil about the leader or others, and be taken away in the middle of the night..., This is not Voodoo. This is NOT evil.

:rant: