ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   Insurance Hell (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Obamacare: Wolf in Wolf's Clothing? (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12400)

Harrison 10-03-2013 10:53 AM

Obamacare: Wolf in Wolf's Clothing?

This man’s story is terrifying. If it’s true, Obamacare will turn out to be a ferocious power grab and shakedown of the American people. And a $14,000 deductible with $600 monthly premium?

Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts?

Man who attempted to sign up claims he was threatened with driver’s license being revoked, federal tax lien on home

Obamacare Fines to be Seized From Bank Accounts? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

RobertM 10-03-2013 02:11 PM

While I trust Alex Jones with a grain of salt. I have been hearing the same stuff just different people and different amounts. I did some research on what mine would be and there is no way I could afford it. I could do the monthly premiums but not the deductible or other cost. My family and I lead a simple life and do our best to not splurge or live extravagant lives and we still are strapped, anymore due to increase cost of everything. We weren't planning on taking the government cheese anyways. My family will make it without help or interference from the government. I am currently unemployed and even refuse to take unemployment.

Lewis01 10-04-2013 12:04 AM

Big brother is watching and waiting to pick our pockets.

jss 10-04-2013 08:58 AM

One of the things I've learned in the political arena is that the probability that a claim is true is inversely proportional to how outrageous that claim is. While I still would tend to dismiss this gentleman's claims on those grounds, that is, they are simply too outrageous to be true, given the handful of genuinely outrageous things about the ACA that we've seen confirmed in the past year, I must confess that his alleged experience may not be outside the realm of possibility.

Jerry5 10-04-2013 12:02 PM

Aca

(I did read that article, and also had an email from someone, to this affect, sickening, pensions, 401k's will be next, they will not stop)

This is Truly a Train Wreck.

This is just the final nail.

The people in DC have been putting in legislation for so long, most people think it is 'the way it should be'.

Look up the McCarren Ferguson Act.

If there were NO government, involved with medical care, we could probably get catastrophic insurance, for $75 per mo, and be able to go see a Dr (annual physical) for about $250.

80% of this insurance and fees, go into someone's pocket.

Believe it.

Harrison 10-04-2013 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From my post from FB below. I wonder if the legal definition of "coverage" includes the deductible. It should, right?! See the file attached, right from the ACA document.

The ACA law stipulates that a ACA subscriber should pay NO more than 8% of their gross HOUSEHOLD compensation for healthcare coverage. If in fact, that clause relates to this case, then Sheehan need not worry. This legal clause is from the government document I referenced above. The math: $597 x 12 = $7164 $60,000 = 11.94%. There is the distinct possibility that the IRS "sees" much more income than this story reported; in which case, Big Brother really is watching you. Very carefully.

Harrison 10-04-2013 10:10 PM

Jerry, good point, and thanks for the mention of that act:

McCarran–Ferguson Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was interesting news for me.

Harrison 10-09-2013 09:15 PM

Sticker Shock

Exclusive: Many Americans Suffering Sticker Shock: Is Obamacare Really Affordable?

Exclusive: Many Americans Suffering Sticker Shock: Is Obamacare Really Affordable? | Ben Swann Truth In Media

As directed, they searched on the exchanges, and to their surprise, they found worse coverage for more money. He writes, “MNSure [the State of Minnesota health insurance exchange] was able to find us 1 plan (had to change the date to 2014 just to get that!). 1 PLAN. The rate? $555.81 with a $6,000 DEDUCTIBLE. MORE than 3X what we were paying for a WORSE PLAN! And no, we are not eligible for any tax deductions, and NO we are not rich. In fact we have budgeted nearly every dollar we make to paying off debt BEFORE this happened!”

jss 10-10-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hawley (Post 102396)
a lot of people thought that Obamacare would take from the rich and give to the poor. In reality it’s taking money from people who don’t have extra money and causing all sorts of problems. This is the first time that I ever felt robbed in my life!

You know Harrison, this comment from the article you cited typifies what I believe allows things like the ACA to happen. Mr Hawley seems to be OK with the government confiscating someone elses wealth to give to the poor, but thinks it's robbery for the government to confiscate his wealth to give to the poor.

I'm not sure what ACA supporters thought was going to happen.

Harrison 10-10-2013 04:09 PM

Jeff, I don't disagree with what you are saying; but I understand the principle of concern. The ugly truth is that millions of Americans don't want healthcare socialized. As the ACA looks now -- I am against it. I don't think we "should pass a bill to see what's in it" as Nancy Pelozi famously said.

And millions of others are against the notion of paying for illegal citizens healthcare as well. This is a very polarizing issue.

I am against it for myriad reasons: it is poorly written, overly complicated, poorly executed, allows bureaucrats to opt out and full of way too many "gotchyas" that are hitting the middle-class (make that: lower middle class, middle class and upper middle class) right in the wallet. This is exactly what America does NOT need now!

For those of you that are doing well, you and your employer may be hit with additional taxes -- so-called Cadillac taxes. Another little surprise...with many more to come. If you have five minutes, see:

Obamacare Q&A: Will my plan skyrocket? How will the unemployed pay?

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...4081.htmlstory

For what it's worth, I do support an efficient, well-executed program, such as the ones in N. Europe, but especially in Taiwan. These governments have political bodies that are more cohesive and arguably more effective in crafting medical policies.

Lewis01 10-10-2013 07:44 PM

At this point I don't trust our corrupt government to do this right. I believe high deductible insurance via some type of HSA or HRA system is probably the way to go. I hate that because we all know that many insurance companies often are dishonest also.

Harrison 10-10-2013 08:57 PM

I wish I could be more positive and disagree, Lewis. One thing is for sure -- tens of billions of dollars will be flowing into the insurance companies and big government -- and the quality of care will get worse. Reimbursement woes will worsen.

Mark my words.

Stonewall_Boris 10-11-2013 01:21 AM

degated degated

Harrison 10-11-2013 10:33 AM

Boris, I believe I answered your question in my last post:

the quality of care will get worse. Reimbursement woes will worsen

In addition to being held hostage to insurance companies, citizens will also be shackled to the IRS and the US government who have direct access to their bank accounts (since the insured "grant" them that right by entering into a contract).

But more to your specific question - since so many patients have to pay out of pocket, they will have less money to pay cash for ADR. And if anything, reimbursement rates will likely go down instead of up. I hope I am wrong on that one.

I started this post in 2007:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f43...s-abound-8956/

Did you ever read it? I don't believe patients here would dismiss these medical tragedies as politics. This suffering is caused by politics.

Stonewall_Boris 10-11-2013 08:55 PM

Hi Harrison

degated degated

Stonewall_Boris 10-11-2013 10:51 PM

one further question

degated degated

Harrison 10-11-2013 10:55 PM

Boris, thanks for sharing your experiences so eloquently. Wow, so many challenges for any of us to manage, regardless of our medical system.

Dental cleanings in Canada are cheap. And helpful in terms of preventing cardiovascular diseases and keeping prosthetics of all types “cleaner.” As well, Canadians can get photo-disinfection of their teeth and gums – a health improvement measure that the FDA has thus far denied Americans.

This Canadian company has been helping patients clear pathogenic oral biofilm infections for years (excerpt and video link):

Dr. Nicolas G. Loebel, Ondine Biomedical

Are you getting these treatments? It may help you in the long term!

So, back to the complaints. Sadly, the Affordable Care Act’s nasty effects on patients with “sub-clinical” chronic infections has occurred earlier than what I even expected. The policy-makers are very efficient in cutting off care to the ones in dire need of medical treatment. This is very serious; an immediate omen for the future.

This is from today’s posting from a friend on another site:
“…I just got a message from a friend. She has chronic Lyme and has been seeing the same doctor for ten years. Her health insurance carrier just sent her a letter telling her that this MD is no longer covered under her insurance because of the ACA. Affordable? Care?

I am so furious for HER and for so many others that are going to be so NEGATIVELY affected by this monstrosity. So much for keeping our same doctors. Liar, liar, liar. All of them are. It is pathetic. This thing needs to GO AWAY. She is also worried about her SS check she gets because she is so ill. The shutdown...”
In short, I believe the ACA is very bad news for TENS of MILLIONS of Americans, especially ones with chronic diseases of an “unknown etiology.” And I definitely include joint and spinal disc degeneration in that category – since most doctors are AFRAID to send excised spinal disc tissue to be tested for microbial DNA. These diagnostics are good enough for criminal forensics, but not good enough for patient care. This has to change – and only we can change it.

Harrison 10-11-2013 11:01 PM

ADR Costs

Boris, did you see this:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f49...ent-cost-5167/

Should answer your question. Pls use search or advanced search, both work well.

Stonewall_Boris 10-12-2013 03:24 AM

Hi H

degated degated

Lewis01 10-12-2013 01:15 PM

Degated? It's not an English word to my knowledge. Not in the dictionary anyway. What are you trying to say?

Lewis01 10-12-2013 07:29 PM

Nevermind. I get degated.

Don_Wagner 11-03-2013 03:36 AM

Harrison, I'm politically neutral. However, when I need some facts about anything political I go to this website.

Obamacare Myths

Fighting Premium Spin with More Spin

Is It ‘Illegal’ for Sebelius to Buy Exchange Plan?

http://www.factcheck.org/

Most folks jump in with mis-information and spread it as gospal. There are a bunch of good articles on the current site

Don_Wagner 11-03-2013 11:47 PM

Some facts on the Affordable Care Act that may answer questions about what is and is not covered. First, however, I must explain leave a link to explain the source behind these facts.

The Annenberg Foundation and its popular “FactCheck.org” website has been a reliable site to get vetted and well researched facts on public policy. Here I have found many investigations into the Affordable Care Act and what it will and will not cover.

Once you've read it for yourself you will gain the POWER of knowledge.

Harrison 11-04-2013 10:24 AM

Thanks for the links. I am not "political" either, but I am decidedly and 100% against the beast called the ACA.

This cancer patient is also apolitical, but the ACA is literally the death of her:

You Also Can't Keep Your Doctor

I had great cancer doctors and health insurance. My plan was cancelled. Now I worry how long I'll live.

A Stage-4 Gallblader Cancer Survivor Says: I Am One of ObamaCare's Losers - WSJ.com

Jerry5 11-08-2013 08:41 PM

Health Care

I truly believe that the inability to get a good outcome, such as an M6, in the USA is a DIRECT result of Regulations and Political crony kickbacks.

The USA developed the M6, and they have been using this in Europe for several years.

There is no other reason, if someone has information, regarding this 'non-allowance' of the best ADR to date, please fill me in.

Jerry

RP_OutWest 11-08-2013 09:45 PM

I can't imagine how taxing medical devices can make medical care affordable?

Second to last question in the link explains its impact.

"Q: How will the economy impact innovation?

HB: We are going to see consolidation between implant companies. Most spine companies will go to a direct model to pay sales reps and keep profits. Maintaining high implant costs will be difficult as hospitals are hiring more surgeons. This in effect allows hospitals to dictate pricing and implant usage. The decreased margin and the Obama device tax will hurt the bottom line and mean less innovation, less educational grants and probably less company sponsored meetings. On the sales side, this means that salaries will be lower and possibly capped. It probably means that the quality of the sales representative and service will suffer."

The Future of Spine Innovation: Q&A With Dr. Hyun Bae of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Jerry5 11-09-2013 11:44 AM

Less innovation

the Obama device tax will hurt the bottom line and mean less innovation
-----------

This is the whole purpose, to destroy the medical industry.

All the more reason to repeal the ACA.

Repeal the McCarren Ferguson Act, get the State Commissioners out of the Medical Industry.

TORT REFORM

Across state Lines Medical (not health) insurance.

Health is Preventative, (Nutrition, seeing your Dr, taking care of yourself, managed care, this could be done directly, with no middle man, with a Dr)
Medical Insurance is for Catastrophic needs, car accident, etc.

The USA needs a 180, this is over the top, IMO, this ACA is designed to crush the private medical industry, (along with other policies) and make it Single Payer.

My take.

Jerry