ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Request for Volunteers & Professionals (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5334)

Harrison 07-10-2005 07:08 PM

Folks,
As we now know, suffering patients need legal help fighting the bean counters, actuaries, lawyers et al in �mahogany row� at the big insurance companies.

When patients desperately need insurance coverage for ADR (and other arthroplasty procedures) I�d like to be able to offer resources to patients in different capacities:

1. Organize a volunteer network of people that can help patients do their best to follow the bureaucratic appeal processes of insurance companies, gratis;

2. Organize a network of both medical and legal professionals who will work on a nominal fee basis to help patients win coverage;

3. Organize a network of professionals (all types) that work for fees (market rate) to help patients fight and win coverage.

If you can help build & implement these support functions on a long term basis, please let me know. As well, if you feel that you have the right credentials, commitment and passion to help people, let�s talk next weekend (pls provide phone number).

The insurance companies self-serving behavior should not continue �rationing� health care where it is so badly needed!

info@adrsupport.org

Harrison 07-11-2005 05:43 PM

Wow -- no reponses? No help for the community? What a drag!

bmills 07-11-2005 11:23 PM

I also got nothing back when I asked for everyone that had Cigna insurance and were waiting for ADR.

Brady

Jim M2 07-12-2005 01:46 AM

Sorry Rich,
I'm a slacker. I admit it. I don't have legal or medical training.

Jim

JL 07-12-2005 06:52 AM

I would take Hartford (County) CT unless someone wants to pry it from me. Reading this post last week, my initial thought (fear) was; How can I help someone else when I can not help myself ? Also this appears to be a huge task until I broke it down. Two answers came to me. 1.) I AM having successes because of all the contacts and information I have received here. Making calls is one of my best assets and I can dial a few numbers for the common good. 2.) Recently I received a call from someone (lawyer) who has watched me go through this for eight years and their co-worker has ADR exam this week. Did I say two? 3.) I know a little something about Insurance and where the front doors are in Middletown, Bloomfield, Hartford and Farmington and I am not afraid to knock on them. 4.) I believe in the support of this community and it is looking like a lifesaver more and more every day. Someday I am going to post how much energy, clarity and optimism I have regained since my ADR only 4 weeks ago. Rich, you got my number. Bill

letteski 07-12-2005 01:30 PM

Rich,

Must say that the legal thing scared me away. But I am great at organizing and stirring the pot so to speak. Always want to learn more and help others. Count me in these days as I need more to occupy my time and would love to give back to the community anyway I can. http://adrsupport.org/groupee_common...icon_smile.gif

Kim 07-13-2005 08:29 PM

Rich
I dont know how much help I can be but will be willing to do what i can. I have been out of town and just saw this post and totally agree we need to unite to get something done about this poor coverage of ADR here.
I do have medical and insurance background but as we all know the laws vary so from state to state it is a big kettle of fish.
kim

chuxk79 07-14-2005 01:38 AM

Just got back to my PC. I was gone a few days.
I think you have a great idea and it would be great to put together a support team with legal
guidance.There are people in every walk of life with back or cervical problems and hopefully
some attorneys or insurance professionals with
expertise in the areas needed will be able to help with some ideas.
I would definetly try to devote some time to help
out, if nothing else maybe we could start some
kind of fund or if there are any spineys with connections to people in music for example, and
maybe put on some kind of fund raising concert
to help start a legal fund. I have my new discs
as you know but I sure feel sorry for all of
the people out there suffering and especially
people like a very close friend of mine who is going thru the routines the insurance companys
put people thru with all the regimines of meds
to finally get something that really helps them
or the steps it takes to get just approval for a MRI which I'm getting ready to post some questions
about meds and treatments. The info from people
on this site has really helped me alot.For what
ever I can do to help count me in.
Chuck Dobovsky

Poncho 07-14-2005 02:00 AM

Rich,

I am willing to do whatever I possibly can to help out with this issue. I have a background in case management regarding reimbursement issues with insurance companies from a clinical perspective.

I obviously don't know everything there is to know about this - but willing to share what knowledge I have to help assist.

gary 07-14-2005 02:21 AM

not a lawyer or a medical professional here, although maybe i missed the boat....i'm jewish
but am willing to help in anyway possible, just not sure i can..... {:------)