ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Richard from Perth West Australia, looking for help and advice (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10691)

richmc 07-31-2010 12:43 PM

Richard from Perth West Australia, looking for help and advice

Hello to everybody,

I wish to make this introduction short as I have already had two failed attempts...I will expand later, but briefly.....

Have DDD and suffered full disk herniations at L4/L5, L5/S1 in 2006.
Was treated with IDD (intervertabral disk decompression in London) which worked for 3 years, but problems have flared up again.
No great help from surgeon here in Perth, only fusion offered, so have been in touch with Stenum and Pro Spine.
Hopefully if this appears on the new members thread I will expand on my story and elucidate my questions.

Til then take care,

richard

Harrison 07-31-2010 07:02 PM

Hey Rich,

Have you heard of Dr. Matthew Scott Young? He's in your country. Perhaps a ways away from you, but closer than Europe. He is considered one of world's most experienced spinal arthroplasty surgeons...

Dr Matthew Scott-Young - Gold Coast Healthcare

It's interesting to see ratings from patients of his work too. You won't find that in the US...yet. :uhoh:

PS: I checked Google maps, it's only 4400 Km away from you. If you start driving now, you should get there in 2 days and four hours.

;)

richmc 08-01-2010 12:09 AM

Hello and thanks..

Hiya.

No I haven't heard of the surgeon you mention, but will certainly look him up.
My current thinking is go to the most advanced surgeon you can get access to, if that is in Germany, so be it, I come from the UK anyway, so can pop over there afterwards before returning to Australia. I assume that the cost of treatment would be par for either Australia or Germany.

I'm now going to update my introduction, if you have any comments on that they would be gratefully appreciated.

Til next time,

regards.

richard.

richmc 08-01-2010 01:16 AM

Help!!!

Hi.

Could you please tell me why every time I spend half an hour plus writing introduction and go to preview it, I am told to log on, despite already being logged, and subsequently loose everything written?

This has happened 3 times and I am beginning to loose the will to live.

In anticipation of your help,

regards,

richard.

Harrison 08-01-2010 11:46 AM

Tech support call

Richard, I can't help you without talking to you live; so pls send me your phone information by email: info @ adrsupport .org (broken up to avoid spammers.)

You are 12 hours ahead of me here in Boston... :sleeping:

richmc 08-02-2010 06:18 AM

Into problems....

Hello,

thanks for contact re'above. I will email no' as you suggest.

Regards,

richard.

Maddie 08-02-2010 12:05 PM

rich, it helps to highlight and copy your message before doing anything else. That way it is saved if things go wrong. It only took me half a dozen tries to realize this :o

annapurna 08-02-2010 07:42 PM

I get logged out all the time, not with ADRsupport, but with the on-line email service my company uses. I've taken to writing out the replies in Word and pasting them into the email reply. That trick or Maddie's might get you online and posting until you could talk with Rich.

richmc 08-03-2010 06:55 AM

With thanks...

Hello,

thanks for the posts in reply to my 'problem'.

I believe that I have found the cause..... the idiot doing the typing (me).

If, after pressing the 'preview' button, I had re-entered my log-in details I would have been re-directed to the preview page, instead I used the 'back' (no pun intended) button and thus lost all the work...you live and learn!

All the best,

richard.