ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   New member (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13894)

kent 03-24-2018 05:16 PM

Hi all, I’m new here and I’ve finally decided to get an adr. I’m a 40 yr old male and been living in pain for far too long. Looking for help to find the right surgeon for me. So far the research I’ve done I’m leaning towards the lp-esp. but that isn’t set in stone. Anyone have any must contact surgeons, any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!

Harrison 04-01-2018 07:54 PM

Kent, sorry for the late reply. Where are you in your search for surgeons?

GKTM300 04-02-2018 10:40 AM

my opinion is if you have 50k go to bertagnoli in germany. thats all I have. im 53worked years w bad back. my life is great now. i went from being dead to racing motocross again and i dont mean riding a dirtbike on a motocross track I mean racing speeds doubles triples whoops race speeds ill oost video soon just got a go pro

kent 04-02-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 117322)
Kent, sorry for the late reply. Where are you in your search for surgeons?

So far I’ve only talked with Dr. Rischke, he seems very knowledgeable and said he has done 4,000 surgeries. Am still waiting for an estimate though, from what I have read by others he is pretty expensive. Desai and bertgoli are on my radar but have yet to be in contact with them. This is def a roller coaster ride. One minute I’m excited about my future and the next asking myself what I am doing and scared to death. But the road I am traveling down is a one way street and unless by a miracle from God, it’s going to take surgery to live what I hope will be a normal life.

kent 04-02-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKTM300 (Post 117325)
my opinion is if you have 50k go to bertagnoli in germany. thats all I have. im 53worked years w bad back. my life is great now. i went from being dead to racing motocross again and i dont mean riding a dirtbike on a motocross track I mean racing speeds doubles triples whoops race speeds ill oost video soon just got a go pro

I used to race motocross as well for many years. I loved it! Thinking back on it now kind of feels like it was a lifetime ago. It’s good to hear you are doing so well. At this point I would be happy to just be able to run and jump again. I have finally found that I have to sleep on my back only. Side sleeping, no matter what side, will put me out of commission for a week or two.

kent 04-02-2018 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest mri

GKTM300 04-08-2018 08:00 AM

kent i felt hopeless and desperite all i can say is choose wisely as all is not revealed to us. i feel i chose wisely for,life. the dude who did me has patients w over 30 years on his discs. unfortunately i waited for God to heal me amd he did but thru the use of bertagnolis hands.. I feel better than great. i was like 300 pounds about two years ago 212 now and some baby fat here and there. bought two new yz250 smokers and doing the hare scrambles to prepare for motocross. I love motocross did you watch razces last night. if u ever wanna chat my number is 3153356121

gabe

kent 04-08-2018 06:34 PM

What disc does bertagnoli use ?

Harrison 04-09-2018 08:53 PM

Mostly the ProDisc, though he has implanted many other types.

Gen.Patton 04-22-2018 08:19 PM

Are you in the U.S. Kent?
If so, try to hold out till the third quarter, Axiomed informed me that the Freedom Lumbar disc will get full FDA approval then.
Whatever you do, please take my word for it and don't get fused.