ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   OT: Foot issues (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9683)

keziah23 01-11-2009 07:53 PM

OT: Foot issues

Okay, I know this is not a podiatry forum, but I also know that not all of us here are in the best of conditions despite (or because of) our spinal issues, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. But if its inappropriate to post here, please feel free to delete with no hard feelings :)

I've had foot issues on and off for the past several years, I wear orthotics in my shoes everyday for severe over pronation and falling arches. I only wear a couple brands of shoes (Merrell, Propet, Crocs, New Balance) that have the right support and accept orthotics. I had a pinched nerve in my right ankle/foot two and a half years ago caused by same, which is what led to orthotics, and last winter (november-ish) i had a couple of steroid shots in the same foot for these ongoing issues, and now right foot is basically fine.

This past Tuesday morning (1/6) when I got out of bed I noticed that my LEFT big toe and the joint behind it were terribly sore, I hadn't done anything different the previous day, same shoes, same orthotics, walked the same amount, everything. It actually got worse over the next few days, I can tell now its not really my big toe but the joint behind it, its sore to the touch, but I can't tell if its swollen, not much if it is, DOES NOT hurt unless its moved, has pressure put on it (i.e. walking/standing) or I poke it.

Anyone here ever had any issues like this and if so what was it?

Thanks,
Kristi

mango 01-11-2009 08:43 PM

gout

Hi Keziah

My dad had something like what you described, it would come and go.
I think it is a form of arthritis called Gout.
I also get this when i work on my knees and bend my feet .
Have you tried those new shoes MBI

Good Luck

Gil:)

mango 01-11-2009 08:50 PM

Oops

:)Sorry

MBT Shoes

Gil:)

Harrison 01-17-2009 01:44 PM

Hope you are better...

Kristi,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Are you finding that your foot is any better? For what it's worth, some patients do have temporary pains after surgery; some evolving then disappearing.

Is your pain (presently) diffuse, or is it localized? Have you been doing anything to relax the muscles, e.g., massage, stretching, soaking in hot water & epsom salts?

keziah23 01-18-2009 11:28 AM

my foot is better but not completely, it is localized pain, and the only thing that seems to help it is staying off it. I am trying to figure out if its a particular pair of my shoes that are causing the problem. but it is defiantly not as bad as it was late last week when i could barely put any weight on it. It hurts only when touched, or pressure is put on it like with walking, it does not hurt when i am just sitting or lying down.

Mike L. 01-19-2009 02:38 PM

foot

Hi, I had a simillar series of shots (7)that removed the neuroma (from a pinched nerve) but this did not relieve the pain. It is now on top of the same foot, near where the shots entered. My podiatrist diagnosed tendonitist in three of the ligaments and gave me 3 cortisone injections. My foot still hurts but hurts less with sandals on or really roomy shoes. I am concerned about this because I need neck surgery and I hear that walking gets you back sooner. I do like the pool so I will get there hopefully soon.

Keep getting better!