ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   The Big File (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How long can I expect before I return to work (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12959)

colorado babe 11-15-2014 10:42 AM

How long can I expect before I return to work

I had a multi-level ADR at the C5-7 and a Lumbar Fusion at the L5/S1. How long do you think it will take before I am released to return back to work?

drewrad 11-15-2014 01:28 PM

I went back after a month, but modified to half days for awhile here and there. Can stay for whole days now but take a half hour here or there to lay flat and stretch hammies out with a t shirt. Feels real good!

colorado babe 11-15-2014 03:50 PM

Thanks! My paperwork says 6-12 weeks. Was just wondering what other's were told and how long was it truly. I would think since I had two different procedures done mine would be more like 12 weeks but we shall see.

drewrad 11-16-2014 03:45 PM

Hey, take the time if you got the time. Enjoy it and be good to yourself!

Jerry5 11-19-2014 08:28 PM

Return to work

I did not go back for two months, give the bone time to get a good jump on growth.
Then I went to half days, I am four months this past saturday, and still believe it may be awhile before I am 100%.
Shoveled a little bit of snow on Monday, but did not really lift a lot, more liked pushed.
Takes time and no one is the same, some can heal in a short time, others may take a year.
Just push a little and listen to your body.

colorado babe 11-24-2014 09:07 AM

Today I hit the 5 week mark and see my surgeon next Tuesday. My boss is calling me today to see when I think I will be able to go back to work. I've been gone since March 5th due to all the set backs from insurance. I can't believe she held my job this long but I really don't have any idea and won't be able to tell her much until I see the doc. My paperwork said 6-12 weeks.

Thanks for the estimation.

RacerX 11-24-2014 09:17 PM

Work

I would go back when I feel good and strong, You do want to go too early and re injure yourself But most of all No House Work

All The Best

RacerX

Jerry5 11-26-2014 08:30 PM

Part time

Can you go back to work part time of half day, this is a good go between, make sure you have a good cushion, if you don't want to make your own chair, maybe go something like gelco products or a skwoosh seat, has gel and allows movement, flex and helps relieve strain.

colorado babe 11-29-2014 11:19 AM

I see my doctor this week (Tues). My boss said if I can't go back to work full-time by next Monday she would have to let me go. I am pretty much thinking I will lose my job. I've been with the state for 10 years and am really surprised they have held my job for 9 months already. I was hoping that if I could go back to work by the New Year full-time she might consider it since she does have a temp doing my job. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday. It will be six weeks on Monday.

Jerry5 12-01-2014 09:00 PM

Follow up

Follow up with HR, and make sure you call them and leave them an email, keep copies of both.
9 months is a long time.
But call HR and ask if you can go back to work Part Time, this may be an option.
I did that for a month.