ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Hello....another ProDisc c (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11158)

christinlal 08-25-2011 10:05 AM

Soon...

I think I will be okay and soon. Dr. Zeegers is working on my finalized report, and the draft alone was so complete. I cannot wait to have my life back and go to work everyday, the gym at night, and have time with friends and family without crying or feeling miserable.

I cannot imagine what others go through and feel lucky to have the technology and surgeon to fix this mess.
Christine

christinlal 09-09-2011 12:13 PM

Prodisc...

I am working on getting to Dr. Zeegers to have my existing Prodisc revised to another adr (mobic) or an roi a cage? not sure but have been reading up on this device too. and my c5 will have to have an adr, but a mobic, not the prodisc.

I am absolutely terrified my insurance will mess with me or I will get left like this, I can't imagine living like this for the rest of my life, it so sucks.
I am scared about surgery but more terrified to just waste away in pain like this.

JKDE302 09-10-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christinlal (Post 90340)
I am working on getting to Dr. Zeegers to have my existing Prodisc revised to another adr (mobic) or an roi a cage?

Please keep us updated about this. Also you should post your story in the surgical outcomes section. And please post a pic of your x ray with the prodisc.

Good luck.

Lizard 09-14-2011 09:51 PM

Hi Christine

Hi Christine,

I was just catching up on your entry. I hope everything works out for you with insurance, and you have surgery soon to get some relief.

The pain we go through is terrible, and with the financial stress, it is at times unbearable. Keep strong and I will be praying for you!

(BTW, I tried to respond to your PMs, not sure if you received them as a msg popped up saying you do not accept PMs).

JKDE302 09-15-2011 04:08 PM

How are you?

christinlal 09-18-2011 02:51 PM

September 27

Is the surgery date with Dr. Zeegers, thank God. He is removing the Prodisc and putting in an roi-c cervical cage at c6/7 and mobic adr at c5/6. I have alot of faith in Dr. Zeegers.
The surgery is scarey but what would be worse is to be left in all this misery, this is no life so I feel very fortunate to go to the best and keep Praying.

jss 09-18-2011 05:13 PM

Christina,

This is GREAT news!

Has BCBS signed off on this? Fingers crossed... Please say yes.

Good luck, Jeff

Jstuckey 09-18-2011 07:12 PM

Best wishes Christina. I have a friend that has a mobi -c and has had for several years. He has had no problem and is extremely athletic (barefooting, skydiving,etc). My surgery is the day after yours, so I'll say prayer for you now as I'm going to get a little distracted with my own stuff! Good Luck!

christinlal 09-18-2011 10:04 PM

Jeff & Joey Sue

I honestly don't know what I would have done without the wealth of information from this site, I have spent 2 entire years in so much misery from the Prodisc and initial cervical disc problems, I could not have analyzed and figured out what to do and how to try to fix my neck....thank you so much.

Blue Cross Blue Shield has approved the surgery, I am still in shock and the fact that I will be able to go to Dr. Zeegers is more than I had ever hoped for.

Joey Sue, I will keep you in my Prayers as well, I hope you are safe and pain free soon.
Jeff, once again, your kindess and encouragement has meant so much, sincerest thank you.

jss 09-18-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christinlal (Post 90503)
Blue Cross Blue Shield has approved the surgery, I am still in shock and the fact that I will be able to go to Dr. Zeegers is more than I had ever hoped for.

Christina,

I join you in shock over the insurance approval. Congratulations!

I have only ever read good things about the Mobi-C in Dr Zeegers hands. When are you leaving? How long will you be in Germany?

Please keep us posted, and good luck!

Jeff