ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Desperate need for answers for ADR prodisc c revision to fusion (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10996)

JKDE302 08-25-2011 06:37 AM

Reading all these negative pro disc threads is getting discouraging. I find no comfort in other people suffering with the same problem. Just makes me wonder about the design of the implant...Smh

dustman9725 08-25-2011 01:17 PM

Still unbelievable - We need a bulldog of an attorney

Remember what we were saying dude? I think it is just a bad idea to get a prostethic (A PRODISC 4 SURE) at the c4-c7 level? We see so many examples of nightmares, on this site alone with people who have had a prodisc at C5-C6.

They simply did not do enough research and pushed this product through FDA approval so that they could start raking in the bucks. We now have to suffer for the rest of our lives.

I am trying to put a dollar figure on the prospect of myself suffering everyday for the rest of my life. The neck starts aching, within a half an hour my headache starts...this turns into a migraine and then within 2 hours I am laying flat on my back, sick. Running to the bathroom to vomit.

If this is the story of my life forever and in addition, having to endure Methadone and sleeping pills...weight loss and all of the other issues. What is the dollar figure daily that Synthes or my surgeon or someone/entity owes me? I'm serious! I have to endure this crap everyday for the rest of my life. It is not getting better. The fusion did not work. I need someone to hear me scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could get my hands around my surgeon's neck...

JKDE302 08-25-2011 03:10 PM

I hear you man. I wish I could have been less desperate and used common sense before I let the doc put me to sleep and cut my implant in. I just don't know why I thought a knee/hip implant (basically what the pro disc is made of) would work in my neck. I feel so damn dumb for letting someone do this to me. If I die young, I hope I can save someone from making the same mistake I made.

SISSYJOC 08-25-2011 07:56 PM

To Dustman

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustman9725 (Post 90059)
We see so many examples of nightmares, on this site alone with people who have had a prodisc at C5-C6.

It seems to be a common problem prodisc at c5-c6 just doesnt work..

Scream:rant: all you want to I am here for you I dont know how to help but I will listen

annapurna 08-25-2011 08:12 PM

Laura has a Prodisc C at C5-6. It's working, sort of. She's been told that she has too much motion and is irritating the facet capsules slightly leading to ongoing pain. Could be C5-6 simply moves too much and a more constrained design is needed for that level.

JKDE302 08-25-2011 11:40 PM

I know other people from PT that did extremely bad with the pro disc also. Worse then me.

laid up doc 08-25-2011 11:53 PM

jkde - did they in any way address your stenosis during your surgery? that alone can cause all kinds of sx...

Maddie 08-26-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

It seems to be a common problem prodisc at c5-c6 just doesn't work..
Has there been some sort of poll to see if this is true of just ProDisc or does it apply to many other ADs?

I had the Nuvasive NeoDisc put in just over a year ago in Brazil. It was not approved in North America yet, and I think it is just finishing trials here now. It is a very simple design and I've had great success with it. I don't know if I am just lucky with the design or the doctor or a combination ?

There does seem to be a large number of people who have had problems with the ProDisc, but I'm wondering what the percentage is, from all that have been inserted, compared to other kinds. Are surgeons still using the Maverick, or is the M6 replacing the Maverick in popularity? I am out of the loop since my surgery. The M6 was just coming out and wasn't suitable for me.

I'm very sorry for those of you who are still suffering after going through so much already. :disgust:

JKDE302 08-26-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laid up doc (Post 90076)
jkde - did they in any way address your stenosis during your surgery? that alone can cause all kinds of sx...

The doc told me he took a bone spur off the level he put the pro disc in. That's all I know.

JKDE302 08-26-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddie;
I had the Nuvasive NeoDisc put in just over a year ago in Brazil. It was not approved in North America yet, and I think it is just finishing trials here now. It is a very simple design and I've had great success with it. I don't know if I am just lucky with the design or the doctor or a combination ?

There does seem to be a large number of people who have had problems with the ProDisc,

Your disc is soft with no keels, my disc is hard with giant keels. :(