View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM

Sonja,

I did my pre-op in California . I don't know how different it is. I went in the day before (sames as Barcelona) I saw a physician that my surgeon made an appointment with . He went over my general health, medications and what I was getting done. He examined me ; blood pressure , EKG, and took my temperature . They really want to make sure your not sick since they have you go in the day before.

Then he sent me to the hospitial for a complete blood work -up. Whatever that is for and what they were checking out. Since I was so anxious I didn't want to know. Sometimes , they want you to donate blood and do a cross-type.

I know how you feel . I was filled with anxiety . I even got a script of Valium the week before or so of my surgery. Maybe your medical doctor can give you some if you think I need it. It sure helped me ! It's ok if you do just to get you through this scary and challenging time! You'll do great!

Tammi
Cervical compression with clinical myelopathy with Hoffman's
Tests; MRI's, EMG/NC studies, discogram, CT scan
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13