View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Default I too am from Canda

When I first heard of ADR and spoke in person and over the phone about the Canadians going overseas for ADR surgery I thought surely that they didn't look into it enough. I more I dug into the topic the more sad I became as I realized I was exactly in that group. Found one doctor that was starting to do ADR's nearby with, from what could tell with mixed results. I don't think he was doing multi level ADR's. Also, I heard, but didn't verify, that the disks used in Canada are only guaranteed for 5 years, that's what one of the people I talked to said, again, I didn't look into it. I went to dr. Bierstedt. The hospital in Hattengen was full service, clean and the nurses and doctors there new back and neck surgery. Dr B is a nice, down to earth neurosurgeon that makes you feel very comfortable. The post op care at Medicos was excellent.
Going through the forums other patients rave about their doctors and, as bad as back surgery is, I'm sure their experience was as good as it could be
Further to my research don't do back surgery in Canada, likely they would do a fusion, statistically in 5 years you'll be just as bad if not worse.
My 2 cents.