Thread: Seeking Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Hi Casey,

Sorry to hear of you accident. I was rear ended in 2009 and understand your pain and frustration. I too experienced pain, numbing and tingling in both arms & my right leg. Three years of PT, pain management (I hate pain meds) shots and multiple rounds of doctor visits I finally decided a fusion was NOT what I wanted (my neuro also said in his opinion that a 2 level ADR was my best option) So I made the decision to go to Spain. Today, I am back to living a pain free and full life once again! Do your research and find the solution you are the most comfortable with... it is a grueling process, at least it was to me. I was very nervous about having surgery away from home. But I researched, soul searched and talked to some of the fabulous people here on the forum about their decision, surgery and outcomes. Knowledge is power and the knowledge gave me the comfort to make a decision that many people thought was insane. I must have heard "Are you crazy, you are going to Spain for surgery??" at least a 1000 times! LOL Empower yourself & do the research...

Best of luck - also from Florida!
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks