View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM

Luckyshot,

I have heard from many other patients than twowheelyankee on this board who had better experiences with TBI. However, I have no doubt that he had a bad one and that you should explore other places/physicans. I think contacting my surgeon, as I indicated in my last post, would be a good place to start. Also, if you go onto the AIMIS Spine site at Locate a Surgeon | AIMIS Spine | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery many of these surgeons do ADR. What I strongly advise against is going to Cyprus to be operated on. In Cyprus, these U.S. doctors are shielded from malpractice. For this reason, they often perform risky procedures that don't fall under FDA guidelines.

I would check out your plan, see if any the doctors listed on this site are in it, then Google them to check their credentials. A great site to check out any physician is Doctor Reviews and Doctor Ratings | Compare & Find Doctors | Vitals It's applies to all U.S. physicians. It gives information on where they trained, the various hospitals with which they are affiliated, and comments from other patients.

I hope this helps.

Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C