View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM

Hi, This is Gene from Northern NJ (as you can guess by my name). For starters you might want to get an evaluation at the Texas Back Institute in Plano. Two well know U.S. surgeons for ADR, Dr. Jack Zigler and Dr. Scott Blumenthal, work out of there. Most patients who have undergone ADR at TBI seem to have positive outcomes. I hear more negative things about them as it relates to insurance. However, in some ways this can be looked at as a positive, because insurance is likely to cover a good part of the cost if you go there.

You should spend a lot of time on these boards and get to know the various surgeons both here in the U.S. and in Europe. Depending upon how serious your situation is, after getting multiple opinions, you might consider Europe. In Europe, you have the benefit of more advanced devices and more experienced ADR surgeons. Unfortunately, insurance is much less likely to cover the cost overseas, unless your policy has an international rider. However, you do get some tax benefits if you have to pay out-of-pocket, which I can go into another time. I would say get at least 3 opinions from U.S. surgeons as well as three from European ones after spending some time on these boards.

Good luck!!
Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C